Geneva airport collection - help please! (1 Viewer)

Jph123

Free Member
Nov 2, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Ducato hymer
Exp
Not enough!
Hi, I'm collecting a freind who is joing me for a week of my travels from Geneva airport, but I'll be in France and don't want the hassle of crossing into Switzerland.

So I've told my freind to jump in a taxi to get to an easy collection point for me in the motorhome on the French side of the border (I'll be coming from Annecy).

My question is does anyone know of a good collection point or site that would be open that is close to Geneva airport - but in France.

Tall order I know, but you are all a well travelled wise bunch!

Any advice most welcome.

Thanks

Justin

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
A taxi will be really, really expensive.

It depends which side you are coming from, really - I lived in Geneva for a few years and personally I would simply go across the border, but it depends on if you use the autoroute or not (in a van).

North side, I would say Champion supermarket at Ferney Voltaire - 5 minutes from the airport. South side a bit more tricky...... Hope that helps

OP
OP
J

Jph123

Free Member
Nov 2, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Ducato hymer
Exp
Not enough!
Taxi cost?

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Do you have any rough idea, ball park, guesstimate as to what a taxi cost would be to the Champion supermarket ?

Thanks

Justin

A taxi will be really, really expensive.

It depends which side you are coming from, really - I lived in Geneva for a few years and personally I would simply go across the border, but it depends on if you use the autoroute or not (in a van).

North side, I would say Champion supermarket at Ferney Voltaire - 5 minutes from the airport. South side a bit more tricky...... Hope that helps

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

darach

Free Member
Nov 2, 2013
kirkcowan
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
hi
St Pierre en Faucigny near Bonnneville at railway station has an aire for 4 motorhomes foc and train direct in to Geneva not to far from Annecy 46.14597 6.58749
derek

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
You can exit Geneva airport on the French side. Follow signs in arrivals for France. The exit runs parallel with the pal expo. I sometimes hire a car from the French side when I'm working over there. I stay in France also as the company is near to CERN on the French border even though I work in Swiss.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back