Free Member
Jan 9, 2013
North East
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
:Cool: Took my new to me Fiat Panda to get the A frame fitted, then took the motorhome down to collect the Panda and stay at a local CL for a couple of days. The customer service of the fitter was 1st class, he even fixed in an indicator light in the motorhome to check the brake operation of the car. The CL we stayed at was brilliant....even the usually grumpy OH like it:RollEyes: My biggest problem was leaving the site as the narrowish gateway and narrow lane defeated me in getting the car out without hitting the gatepost, so a quick unhitch and re-hitch after taking the vehicles out as separate unit solved the problem. Perhaps I will get better at it as time goes by. On the whole a pain free (apart from the cost :Eeek:) experience that will enable us to get out and about better.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
.even the usually grumpy OH like it:RollEyes: .

Hey, we Grumpy Old Men dedicate a whole lot of effort to our grumpiness. Any old fool can wander round with a benign smile but to achieve Grump needs dedication and sacrifices.

Full marks on unhitching. It would have gone monstrously pear shaped if you tried reversing your way out of trouble.

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hey, we Grumpy Old Men dedicate a whole lot of effort to our grumpiness. Any old fool can wander round with a benign smile but to achieve Grump needs dedication and sacrifices.

Full marks on unhitching. It would have gone monstrously pear shaped if you tried reversing your way out of trouble.

Hear hear.:Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

[HI]Full marks on unhitching. It would have gone monstrously pear shaped if you tried reversing your way out of trouble.[/HI]

That shows far too much wisdom for a Funster :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
if you suspect hitching and unhitching is going to be a regular thing then consider having a light weight jockey wheel fitted to the A frame.

best thing i ever did as it means you can manoeuvre single handed.

Attachments

• IMG_1179.jpg
    IMG_1179.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 63
  • a frame (Large).jpg
    a frame (Large).jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
if you suspect hitching and unhitching is going to be a regular thing then consider having a light weight jockey wheel fitted to the A frame.

best thing i ever did as it means you can manoeuvre single handed.

I have a jockey wheel on mine, only about a tenner and means I can hitch up single handed. Drive the car up to the MH, don't reverse the MH on to the car.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Yes Brian, my missus calls me Victor, dunno why :Eeek:

Jockey wheel makes life so much easier but bounces a bit at 70 mph :Blush:

Apr 18, 2013
Nuthampstead
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
since 2013
:Cool: Took my new to me Fiat Panda to get the A frame fitted, then took the motorhome down to collect the Panda and stay at a local CL for a couple of days. The customer service of the fitter was 1st class, he even fixed in an indicator light in the motorhome to check the brake operation of the car. The CL we stayed at was brilliant....even the usually grumpy OH like it:RollEyes: My biggest problem was leaving the site as the narrowish gateway and narrow lane defeated me in getting the car out without hitting the gatepost, so a quick unhitch and re-hitch after taking the vehicles out as separate unit solved the problem. Perhaps I will get better at it as time goes by. On the whole a pain free (apart from the cost :Eeek:) experience that will enable us to get out and about better.

So what frame did you have fitted ?
I have just got a Panda, and intend doing the same shortly.

OP
OP
A

Another Lesley

Free Member
Jan 9, 2013
North East
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
I went to TowBars 2 TowCars in Grimsby. Lovely chap running the business, very accommodating and knowledgeable. Job was all done in a day, he loaned me a toad so I could get back and forth and he also checked that everything worked when attached to the Motorhome.

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
I bought a Fiat Panda 07 plate about 2 months ago and had the A frame fitted at Armitage trailers with a pneumatic jockey wheel. Can drive it over gravelled areas with out any problem, easy to set up, hitch and unhitch.

Dont know it's there when behind the motorhome, except for looking at the camera.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back