LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Just been down and renewed the Spanish phone and the Lebara deal is still on from earlier this year. 5 cents per minute to UK landlines and 15 cents per minute to UK mobiles. 30 cents connection fee on each call. If you topup before 30 November you get a buy one get one free on your credit, which when topping up 10 Euros you will get 20 Euros of credit. Lebara to Lebara calls are free, so Smudger can call me free of charge when its his round of beer. No arguments this time regarding price please as I have just done it,so I know :Cool:.

Last edited:

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
"When will they ever learn"

Lebara rules in Spain, for visitors and residents alike.

Regards, Bryan

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
"When will they ever learn"

Lebara rules in Spain, for visitors and residents alike.

Regards, Bryan

I know, and you know Bryan. Its just than some wont believe a good deal when its in front of there nose. I cant get a deal like that even in the UK.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
what about toggle mobile? i have this sim in spain at the moment. 3p/min english mobiles and landlines with no connection charge , free incoming calls too. plus you can have up to 9 local country numbers as well on the same sim . i have a local spanish number and a local french number. that way any of my friends in france just call me on my toggle french number and its just a local call to them, same in spain. you can use it to get online too but i dont need to so dont know how the prices compare to others, all the best sean

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
what deals do they do far data sims internet only ?

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
what about toggle mobile? i have this sim in spain at the moment. 3p/min english mobiles and landlines with no connection charge , free incoming calls too. plus you can have up to 9 local country numbers as well on the same sim . i have a local spanish number and a local french number. that way any of my friends in france just call me on my toggle french number and its just a local call to them, same in spain. [HI]you can use it to get online too but i dont need to so dont know how the prices compare to other[/HI]s, all the best sean

Data is 15p per Mb........(only £150 / Gb) ...... very expensive....

Last edited:

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Worth a mention that Lebara to Lebara calls are FREE, but only in the country in which the card is registered . So, very handy if family members get separated or you travel with a group, each van can keep in touch with the others, for free.

Internet is also available with Lebara..... a little expensive at €10 for 500MB, not much good for extended surfing/downloading but handy for keeping in touch etc.

Regards, Bryan

Note: Free calls are subject to fair usage limits...... quite generous limit or so I am told, never been cut off yet.

B

Last edited:

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just been down and renewed the Spanish phone and the Lebara deal is still on from earlier this year. 5 cents per minute to UK landlines and 15 cents per minute to UK mobiles. 30 cents connection fee on each call. If you topup before 30 November you get a buy one get one free on your credit, which when topping up 10 Euros you will get 20 Euros of credit. Lebara to Lebara calls are free, so Smudger can call me free of charge when its his round of beer. No arguments this time regarding price please as I have just done it,so I know :Cool:.

I think perhaps that Toggle Mobile offers a better deal for calls - depending on your requirements of course. Buy a Toggle SIM (£5) and topup £10 online (get £1 free). You can topup manually, or set it to automatically take £10 when you get down to your last £2.

You will benefit from free incoming calls while in Spain on your british mobile phone number. That means;

1.) If you have friends / family back in the UK with inclusive UK mobile minutes, they can call you free of charge.

2.) If you have a UK mobile phone contract with inclusive minutes, you can setup a diversion for all your calls to your UK toggle mobile. This means that wherever you are in western Europe you can answer your phone for free!

In addition you can register to have a Spanish number on your phone (in addition to the UK one which your UK contacts will still use). The number is free for 30 days (after which you can re-register for free) or pay £5 to have that number on your phone for 12 months. This means;

1.) Having a local number means you can call back to the UK. Both landlines AND mobiles are just 3p per minute. Calls to Spanish mobiles or landlines are the same - just 3p.

2.) If you have friends and family in Spain who have Spanish phones, they can call you for the same price as a local call.

A further benefit is that if you travel to Spain via France, you can register for French number for the same benefits and I believe that Portugal will be added within 6 months. You have have upto 9 numbers on a single SIM.

Link Removed

Data is 15p per Mb........(only £150 / Gb) ...... very expensive....

I agree - data isn't great at 15p per MB (although the EU roaming cap is 45p per MB, so its well below that). Better off with a local SIM / EuropaSIM in a MiFi device for anything other than very light / occasional use.

I'm not discounting the Lebara deal - it might work out better for some - but the Toggle has been very popular this year and we've had excellent reports from customers.

Hope this is of use :)

Adam
www.motorhomewifi.com

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Worth a mention that Lebara to Lebara calls are FREE, but only in the country in which the card is registered . So, very handy if family members get separated or you travel with a group, each van can keep in touch with the others, for free.

Internet is also available with Lebara..... a little expensive at €10 for 500MB, not much good for extended surfing/downloading but handy for keeping in touch etc.

Regards, Bryan

Note: Free calls are subject to fair usage limits...... quite generous limit or so I am told, never been cut off yet.

B

Dont I know that the Lebara to Lebara calls are free :Doh:. Smudger rings me to let me know when its my round next :ROFLMAO:

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
I think perhaps that Toggle Mobile offers a better deal for calls - depending on your requirements of course. Buy a Toggle SIM (£5) and topup £10 online (get £1 free). You can topup manually, or set it to automatically take £10 when you get down to your last £2.

You will benefit from free incoming calls while in Spain on your british mobile phone number. That means;

1.) If you have friends / family back in the UK with inclusive UK mobile minutes, they can call you free of charge.

2.) If you have a UK mobile phone contract with inclusive minutes, you can setup a diversion for all your calls to your UK toggle mobile. This means that wherever you are in western Europe you can answer your phone for free!

In addition you can register to have a Spanish number on your phone (in addition to the UK one which your UK contacts will still use). The number is free for 30 days (after which you can re-register for free) or pay £5 to have that number on your phone for 12 months. This means;

1.) Having a local number means you can call back to the UK. Both landlines AND mobiles are just 3p per minute. Calls to Spanish mobiles or landlines are the same - just 3p.

2.) If you have friends and family in Spain who have Spanish phones, they can call you for the same price as a local call.

A further benefit is that if you travel to Spain via France, you can register for French number for the same benefits and I believe that Portugal will be added within 6 months. You have have upto 9 numbers on a single SIM.

Link Removed

I agree - data isn't great at 15p per MB (although the EU roaming cap is 45p per MB, so its well below that). Better off with a local SIM / EuropaSIM in a MiFi device for anything other than very light / occasional use.

I'm not discounting the Lebara deal - it might work out better for some - but the Toggle has been very popular this year and we've had excellent reports from customers.

Adam
www.motorhomewifi.com

It certainly is!!

We have had a toggle phone for a couple of months now, but won't be using it until we get to Spain in December. The information you give is very clear and I look forward to trying it and saving loads of dosh!

Thanks, Ginny

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I

Addie,
I've just ordered a Toggle Sim card for use in Spain next year. With respect to the above point you stated (thanks by the way) will this work with the contract sim removed from the phone and replaced with the Toggle sim.

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Addie,
I've just ordered a Toggle Sim card for use in Spain next year. With respect to the above point you stated (thanks by the way) will this work with the contract sim removed from the phone and replaced with the Toggle sim.

Provided you setup the call diversion before you remove your contract SIM, then yes.

All you should have to do is type in *21*TOGGLE_NUMBER_HERE and press SEND.

To cancel the call divert when you wish to accept calls on your contract SIM again, dial #21#.

It's probably worth checking with your network operator directly with regards to the cost of the diverted calls to ensure that they will come out of your inclusive minutes, as information available on forums is mixed and often misleading and terms and conditions confusing.

Three is quite clear, however:

Diverted calls - if you manually set up a call diversion on your phone, you'll be charged for diverted calls that you receive. The charges will depend on which price plan you're on, but your free minutes will be used where possible. The person calling you will only pay for the connection to the number they dialled.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
SIM only deal for DATA. (They also do a voice & data deal.)

Carrefour Móvil
Tarifa diaria:
This is the default plan for carrefour data SIM cards, no activation is necessary.
1 euro per day, 100 MB at full 3G speed, thereafter speed is reduced to 128k
You are charged only for the days that you connect.
A 3 euro/month minimum spending applies.

A 'bono 1GB' add on is available:
19 Euro for 30 days, 1GB at full 3G speed, thereafter speed is reduced to 128k
Enable this plan by sending SMS to 22864 with the text ALTA BONO 1GB
Quit the plan by sending BAJA BONO 1GB to 22864
Check the amount of data you have used by sending BONO 1GB to 22864

A 'bono 3GB' add on is also available:
29 Euro for 30 days, 3GB at full 3G speed, thereafter speed is reduced to 128k
Make sure that you have enough balance on your SIM card (at least 35 Euro).
Enable the plan by sending SMS to 22864 with the text ALTA BONO 3GB
Check the amount of data you have used by sending BONO 3GB to 22864 (5 free SMS per month)

SIM card costs 10 Euro, with 5 Euro credit.

Carrefour Móvil
It's an MVNO operating in Orange network, supports GSM.

This deal is available in Spain only, it is not available for roaming outside of Spain.

Last edited:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012

Carrefour Móvil
Tarifa diaria:
This is the default plan for carrefour data SIM cards, no activation is necessary.

Check the amount of data you have used by sending BONO 3GB to 22864 (5 free SMS per month)

Carrefour Móvil

This deal is available in Spain only, it is not available for roaming outside of Spain.

this is the sim i think i will get as soon as i get to a carrefour hopefully i will have wifi at the sites im on but its worth investing in this sim in case i need it

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp

Carrefour Móvil
Tarifa diaria:

Carrefour Móvil

I think this is the deal we had a couple of years ago when we flew to Spain.

Worked great, but we were lucky that someone who spoke Spanish and English came along and helped us in the store when trying to purchase the right SIM.

If they hadn`t, we would definitely come away with the wrong one.

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995

Link Removed

Adam
www.motorhomewifi.com

I agree, I have used Toggle for about 18 months as I spend a lot of time in Spain, I have a UK number (Of course) and a Spanish number, works VERY well for me as the family can call the UK number and speak to me cheap, I can also use the phone in Spain at reasonable cost, but I do not use it for data.

Also worth a mention, I have a Skype UK number so that people can phone my Skype London number and it will ring on my computer, I just pay a small charge to Skype which lets me receive calls and I can phone a UK landline as many times as I like at no extra cost.

I will look for a low cast data plan in Spain as sometimes, when away from home I could use it in my mifi. Unless of course somebody knows of a really cheap one. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back