Flushing out the water with an air line (1 Viewer)

barrywi

Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I am a Newbie to motorhomes but have caravaned for years
I have opened all the water drains etc to winterise my Autocruise but want to try to use my compressor to blow air through the system to remove any residual water. The question is do I just connect the air line to the water inlet with the taps open or is there a different procedure to follow. I presume the Floe system you can buy does this but maybe using a foot pump?

rrusty

Free Member
Dec 4, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
None sold sept 2019
Exp
I just open taps then drains, switch pump on for a few minutes, done it that way for seven years never had a problem, no oil heaters or anything like that.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I just open taps then drains, switch pump on for a few minutes, done it that way for seven years never had a problem, no oil heaters or anything like that.

Spot on! I have been doing the same with the addition of blowing down the shower hose (Gets about 1/4 of a cupful more) and have never had a problem with my pipes.
As I see it, even if you don't get all of the water out providing there's room in the pipe for ant water to expand if it freezes your not going to have a problem. Just don't forget to do the toilet flush holding tank as well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i open everything and drain down then pump on for 10 - 20 seconds then i blow through the kitchen tap:Eeek::Doh: seriously it works :thumb:

just dont let your misses catch you with your lips around the tap:ROFLMAO:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Be wary of using a compressor as lubricant from the unit could taint your water system.
I only drain down finally using water pump, but always leave oil filled rad with all cupboard doors open and a top vent a touch open to keep everything aired and frost free.

OP
OP
barrywi

barrywi

Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I am a Newbie to motorhomes but have caravaned for years
Thanks

O.K. I will not use the compressor but just give my motorhome tap a "blow job" making sure the blinds are drawn !
I never had any problems with my caravans just draining down .
The van has an Alde heating system which has anti freeze in the pipes so that should be ok to leave, though I must see if it needs topping up with a Glycol antifreeze.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
O.K. I will not use the compressor but just give my motorhome tap a "blow job" making sure the blinds are drawn !
I never had any problems with my caravans just draining down .
The van has an Alde heating system which has anti freeze in the pipes so that should be ok to leave, though I must see if it needs topping up with a Glycol antifreeze.

You should ask if there are any recommendations for this job (blow job) :ROFLMAO:
Not sure just how many would own up to doing such things :Blush::RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back