Paramotormanal

Free Member
Aug 29, 2012
Kingston upon Hull
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hello has anyone on the forum purchased one of these I have the old one with the deflector plate at the bottom and I noticed that the new ones don't have one so looking for a bit of feedback on how good they are as mine is a little worse for wear and I was thinking of upgrading to the new one cheers Alan.

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
Hello has anyone on the forum purchased one of these I have the old one with the deflector plate at the bottom and I noticed that the new ones don't have one so looking for a bit of feedback on how good they are as mine is a little worse for wear and I was thinking of upgrading to the new one cheers Alan.
Watch this space... I ordered one on Monday, due to be delivered by the end of the week.

Not sure how much use it will get over the next few weeks but I'll be able to tell you whether it looks nice :Smile:

Phil

OP
OP
Paramotormanal

Paramotormanal

Free Member
Aug 29, 2012
Kingston upon Hull
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Cheers Phil let me know how you get on with it I have been looking and I have found one on ebay for £25 less than the one at Brownhills it's the one with the Scottle and it was at £171 at Brownhills.

The half plate and half griddle one looks good but you buy it as a extra.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Here's Julie useing ours just north of sellafield last month, got it off eBay £136 delivered, very happy with it but don't think the griddle is as good as the reversible one on the old ones, it has holes all over it and let's the fat drop out instead of it running to the edge and you can't turn it over for a flat plate as you could with the old one, but we have bought a flat pan from aldi that does the job for £6 so not too bad

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 34
OP
OP
Paramotormanal

Paramotormanal

Free Member
Aug 29, 2012
Kingston upon Hull
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Chaser did you have the old model before you bought the Cadac 2 it would be interesting to know what you thought of it not having the heat deflector plate on which stopped the breeze affecting the flame I noticed the new one does not come with one cheers Alan.

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
Cheers Phil let me know how you get on with it I have been looking and I have found one on ebay for £25 less than the one at Brownhills it's the one with the Scottle and it was at £171 at Brownhills.

The half plate and half griddle one looks good but you buy it as a extra.
That matches the price I paid at Amazon :thumb:

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Cadac

Try Riversway leisure; we bought ours there three years ago for £99 and I think they are still selling them for less than £130. :thumb:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Chaser did you have the old model before you bought the Cadac 2 it would be interesting to know what you thought of it not having the heat deflector plate on which stopped the breeze affecting the flame I noticed the new one does not come with one cheers Alan.

I didn't have one but my son did and used that, can't say there is much difference as regards wind but as I said don't like the griddle half as much as the old reversible one apart from anything else you have to carry twice as many plates , don't know if it is important to you but I like dipping bread in bacon fat or cooking eggs and stuff in it but you can't do that with the new one as all the fat runs through the holes and you can't really do eggs at all unless you get as we have a flat pan or you can of coarse use a frying pan but that's sort of defeating the object as you can use your pan on the van cooker.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Must say though very satisfied even though it may look as if I am moaning, oh btw, it's not as easy to put together as the old one either

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back