Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Has anyone noticed that the expat shield I downloaded after somebody on here mentioned it has startled charging a monthly fee to enable me to watch bbc I player.
I can watch itv player with the shield on but it doesn't take me straight to a charge per month website.
It's $4.99 a month or a yearly contract which works out at $2.99 a month.
We are in Portugal.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Just tested my Expat Shield, but in the UK and it launched and connected without said route to pay for use site. So not sure?

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Has anyone noticed that the expat shield I downloaded after somebody on here mentioned it has startled charging a monthly fee to enable me to watch bbc I player.
I can watch itv player with the shield on but it doesn't take me straight to a charge per month website.
It's $4.99 a month or a yearly contract which works out at $2.99 a month.
We are in Portugal.

Yes we found exactly the same, we've been using it for a couple of years as we live in France but it is as you said, can only get BBC by paying.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I haven't tried it but why not use a proxy server in the UK? There may be a cost but mine is only around £50 a year, there may be cheaper ways.

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Just did filmon that worked for us and let's us record programmes, thanks for that

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Thats funny as it is working here on both Firefox and Chrome..Have you unblocked BBC in the setting menu?

I've just reinstalled Hola and unblocked BBC iplayer but still no luck so I don't know why you're getting it but we're not, strange! But thanks anyway.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back