jimire

Free Member
Mar 6, 2013
renfrewshire, scotland
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
I tried to download samsung kies last night, to view photos from my phone. Now when I go to google chrome I get Delta Search and I cant get rid. I have uninstalled kies and everything else that came with it (I think) but as I have only basic PC knowledge I don't want to make matters worse. Should I just take laptop to local repair shop.
Grateful for any advice

Irene

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
HOW TO REMOVE DELTA SEARCH?

When trying to remove Delta Search virus from the system, you should firstly eliminate it from Add/Remove Programs list. For that, click the Start button and then select Settings -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs. Besides, remove these entries as well, if they appear in the list: Delta Chrome Toolbar, Delta toolbar, Yontoo, Browser Protect and Mixi.DJ. Additionally, remove Delta Search from your browsers:

Internet Explorer:
1.Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall Delta Search and other entries that may be unknown for you.
2.Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.

Mozilla Firefox:
1.Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find Delta Search and other unknown entries and click ‘Uninstall’.
2.Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.

Google Chrome:
1.Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools -> Extensions. Here, look for Delta Search extension and get rid of it by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
2.Click on wench icon, go to settings and choose 'Manage search engines'. Change search engine to google or other. Then Go to section “On start” and make sure you get blank page while creating new tab.

The most important thing: if you haven't installed it by yourself, you should run a full system scan with updated SpyHunter. You can also use STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995

When trying to remove Delta Search virus from the system, you should firstly eliminate it from Add/Remove Programs list. For that, click the Start button and then select Settings -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs. Besides, remove these entries as well, if they appear in the list: Delta Chrome Toolbar, Delta toolbar, Yontoo, Browser Protect and Mixi.DJ. Additionally, remove Delta Search from your browsers:

Internet Explorer:
1.Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall Delta Search and other entries that may be unknown for you.
2.Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.

Mozilla Firefox:
1.Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find Delta Search and other unknown entries and click ‘Uninstall’.
2.Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.

Google Chrome:
1.Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools -> Extensions. Here, look for Delta Search extension and get rid of it by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
2.Click on wench icon, go to settings and choose 'Manage search engines'. Change search engine to google or other. Then Go to section “On start” and make sure you get blank page while creating new tab.

The most important thing: if you haven't installed it by yourself, you should run a full system scan with updated SpyHunter. You can also use STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.

Or use Linux! :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Or use Linux! :Smile:

Don't do that :Doh: People who push linux come across like jehovah's witnesses pushing their imaginary friend :winky:.

These particular types of crap can infect linux browsers as well unfortunately although it is a lot lot rarer and easier to get rid of.

Last edited:

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
I had this virus, (the warning only ever appeared while browsing Ebay). Microsoft Security Essentials failed to stop it. Had to download Malwarebytes Chameleon to remove it (Win32/fareit). Had to do full scan which took over 2 hours, then had to do another scan to make sure it had gone, still found 1 element of it so had to do a quick scan to rid that. Very annoying and time consuming. I run on Internet Explorer.

OP
OP
jimire

jimire

Free Member
Mar 6, 2013
renfrewshire, scotland
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp

Internet Explorer:

Mozilla Firefox:

Google Chrome:

Thank you. Sorted and SpyHunter installed.

Irene

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I would download also Malware Bytes, I am assuming that you are running a virus checker?

Regards

ShiftZZ. OEB, BBQ, MFI, Salford Poly (failed) BA, MA, IKEA (2.2) Hinckley swiming pool 50 meters breast stroke(2 years suspended sentence) :winky:

Last edited:
OP
OP
jimire

jimire

Free Member
Mar 6, 2013
renfrewshire, scotland
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
I don't know, got SparkTrust pc clean and now SpyHunter. Do I need more?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back