What is your opinion please?? (1 Viewer)

upopup

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
lincoln
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
not
Hi all

Yes! we are still looking!!. Wondered what all your opinions where about this :-

Link Removed

Just what we are looking for and was thinking of haveing a look, trouble is the sellers name seems a bit...strange...., is it a scam do you think??

Seems about the right price, your comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
Tony

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
It has a landline number posted to the advert which is a good sign in my view. Seems genuine to me.

But as with anything be cautious. Try to view at the owners house which is hopefully the same address as on the log book. HPI check before handing over cash.. All the usual stuff.

Upvote 0

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Looks a nice van and the price seems ok. I did a search on the land line number and it comes up as a dog grooming parlour that tallies with the given mobile number ( Baskervilles Grooming )
Seems genuine, give him a ring as he asks and go and see the van, and get your dog groomed at the same time( if you have one!)
Allan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
It's semi-reassuring to see there's a landline included in the ad. ... :winky:

Woops, typing same time as Gromett

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
U

upopup

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
lincoln
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
not
Looks a nice van and the price seems ok. I did a search on the land line number and it comes up as a dog grooming parlour that tallies with the given mobile number ( Baskervilles Grooming )
Seems genuine, give him a ring as he asks and go and see the van, and get your dog groomed at the same time( if you have one!)
Allan

Thanks, good idear about the dog, she does need it!!

I agree, I thought it looked ok, but with all the scams about its making me more nervous about spending that sort of cash. Will ring in the morning.

Thanks

Upvote 0
OP
OP
U

upopup

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
lincoln
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
not
It has a landline number posted to the advert which is a good sign in my view. Seems genuine to me.

But as with anything be cautious. Try to view at the owners house which is hopefully the same address as on the log book. HPI check before handing over cash.. All the usual stuff.

Thanks for that, I know about the pdi check but what other checks can I do, always bothers me that the person selling it owns it, even if he has the right paperwork, I suppose that's why its necessary to visit the sellers home to verify the address on the paperwork?

Safest way is to buy through a dealer but cant help myself trying to save a few thousand.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
don't forget to give it a good drive for at least 20 mins, preferably longer, taking in various types of roads and especially finding somewhere to reverse it, ideally up an incline of 1:4 or greater to see if it has any of the 'judder' problems.

Also check the tyres carefully as they will be getting to the point that they need replacing due to age, rather than wear, this could add quite a bit to the initial cost! Same goes for the exhaust system, despite it only doing 15,000 miles they can rot regardless of this.

Service history and past MOTs will give you some indication of how well the 'mechanicals' have been cared for and it might also be worth having it MOTed anyway as they will ensure it is definitely roadworthy and will often give it a good going over too to spot 'non-motable' items if you ask them nicely! :thumb:

Upvote 0

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Do you seriously expect a genuine seller to allow any Tom Dick or prospective purchaser drive their pride and joy?

I know I wouldn't if I was selling a vehicle. Take them for a drive incorporating whatever, certainly. Let them? No way Pedro.

Upvote 0

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
I am querying two of the pics inside, one shows a gas fire and u lounge seating next to it where as the other doesn't, just an l shape..click on main pic ..brings up 2 columns ..compare bottom 2 pics ...also diff carpet

Hope I am wrong :Doh:

Upvote 0

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Errol Djemal
12 Highfield farm
Mangrove Lane
Hertford
SG138QJ

Born 1959
Went to Wyvil Primary School

Two sons and a daughter...

There you go..

Upvote 0

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
I am querying two of the pics inside, one shows a gas fire and u lounge seating next to it where as the other doesn't, just an l shape..click on main pic ..brings up 2 columns ..compare bottom 2 pics ...also diff carpet

The last picture looks as though it is from an AutoTrail brochure.
There is an AutoTrail logo showing along with some wording. Worth checking it out with the seller.

Brisey

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
Regarding the test drive; it's always worth being a passenger to see how the seller drives it. This will give a good indication of how it was driven during ownership.

It does look good and let us know how you get on. :thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
U

upopup

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
lincoln
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
not
Regarding the test drive; it's always worth being a passenger to see how the seller drives it. This will give a good indication of how it was driven during ownership.

It does look good and let us know how you get on. :thumb:

Thanks for all youre info, this is a GREAT site :thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
U

upopup

Free Member
Nov 12, 2012
lincoln
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
not

That's a bummer, its the 'u' shape we wanted, I hadn't noticed it was a brochure photo, why has that been added as its misleading?

Couldn't contact seller today, will try again tomorrow, that will be my first query. :Doh:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back