The nightmare of all motorhomers (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
What is your worst nightmare about your dear motorhome? What makes you shake, gives you fever just by the thought of it?

I think I have here one of your nightmares as a motorhomer.... and yet ... look at it...all scared!

Just caught it in my garage!:thumb:

How ? Very easy!:winky:

You stuff a timber with cheese (hard and smelly) then you put the timber on the floor and put on it , right in its middle a bowl (preferably glass not plastic as plastic is easier to move) .... and you go shopping!

When you're back .... There is Minnie the little cheeky mouse!:winky:::bigsmile:

Frankie (More cat than frog sometimes!):Cool:

Attachments

• SL374334.jpg
    SL374334.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 287
  • SL374335.jpg
    SL374335.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 252

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
One of those bloody rockets making a hell of a racket outside landing on it and setting fire to her.......:cry:

I'm like a cat on a hot tin roof here. :Blush:

Trikeman. :winky:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
We've found three of those dead inside our habitation area to date, and I've lost count of the number that have succumbed to the bait boxes in the engine bay. They climb up the front wheels, into the engine bay, and some of them found their way through the front passenger footwell lining, dropped onto the floor, did a bit of scurrying about then fell into the door foot wells, couldn't get out and expired. One of them made it into an opened floor level saucepan cupboard, made a nest in a tea towel, and then expired.

The most intriguing expired rodent we found was recently on a trip to Italy. My missus opened the fridge door, and an opened bag of M&S Naan breads that had been de-frosting in the fridge compartment fell on the floor. Under the bag was a rather rigid dead rodent. There is absolutely no way that the ex-rodent could have been trapped under the fridge door, so the only conclusion we could reach was that it had fallen OUT of the M&S Naan bread bag. All the more shocking because we'd eaten one of the Naans a few weeks ago before freezing them for the holiday trip. It must have got in during the packaging process. Yeeeeeeuch.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Teepee

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
1 year
The most dreaded things has got to be those bxxxxy Chinese lanterns landing on top of van or awning. They should be every campers nightmare. And should be banned. When we had a caravan one landed on a tree next to us luckily I saw it and put the damn thing out.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
i am living one engine problem after engine problem
beer whisk fags it's driving me mad :wooo::imoutahere::swear::beerchug::cry-smile::Wacko:

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Whoops .... of course you all unsterstood I was meaning thimble and not timber. Saturday evening.... brain switched off... as every evening LOL

Last edited:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Er, it's also Saturday night for me...........How did the mouse get under the bowl, if the bowl was flat on the floor, covering the thimble?

Or is it me missing something.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Er, it's also Saturday night for me...........How did the mouse get under the bowl, if the bowl was flat on the floor, covering the thimble?

Or is it me missing something.

The edge of the bowl is placed on the (cheese stuffed) thimble. Mouse comes along, investigates and moves thimble, bowl falls trapping mouse.

Link Removed is more reliable ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
The edge of the bowl is placed on the (cheese stuffed) thimble. Mouse comes along, investigates and moves thimble, bowl falls trapping mouse.

OHOOOO Graham!!!!

No I can't kill the little devils .... but not a motorhomer yet , and I guess I'll change opinion the day I'll hear one of those cheeky mice biting my wires ! I bet I'll then protect my property.

This one was doing no harm. Nothing to destroy in my garage, so what's the point?

I have just released it in one of my village's forests...far away from my house , so it can't come back!

AND ...my system is very reliable ! I have catched plenty like this one in the past winters:thumb::thumb:

Frankie:Cool:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp

Thanks Graham, it was this that threw me..

on the floor and put on it , right in its middle a bowl
:thumb:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have traps in the garage because the little beggars have destroyed stuff in the past ::bigsmile:

They ate one of my wellies in the shed last year. (Not a whole wellie, may I add). ::bigsmile:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
What size are you? We have a half eaten right foot size 10! ::bigsmile:

With a name like that, I bet it was you who ate the bl**dy thing!!

(The ones my wife bought me, the expensive pair I insisted 'would last years', and the ones she dosent know about yet...*GULP*)

Johnnie Gee

Free Member
May 1, 2009
Near Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
Worst nightmare

Mine was the other day after visiting the local Tesco. Went to start the Hymer and nada.. Nothing... No ignition lights, no lights, no power to anything. Checked battery voltage... Fine, started earlier no probs?? Bit of head scratching, checked actual battery voltage on battery instead of on volt meter in hab compartment! Still ok and nothing on the ignition switch.
Checked the earths, all seemed fine, checked supply to starter, fine:Eeek:
Looked up a couple of blogs in Fiats but nothing about no power to ignition switch.
Gave up and called RAC, they came out and had a look, but didn't have a clue either. They picked it up and transported said sad Hymer to their garage.
Got it back the following day, was the lead from the battery to the first fuse box, connection broken going into the fuse box, so if any Funsters find the same fault, you will know where to look!
Haven't got the bill in for the repair yet:Sad: but never mind, the old girl is 8 years old so I guess I can expect that sort of thing to happen now!
Anyway, just so that anyone else may find the same fault...
It's cold enough for snow here, so will be battening down the hatches soon
JJG

lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
I know i have posted this before but a little reminder of what those furry buggers can do
Broken Link Removed

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I know i have posted this before but a little reminder of what those furry buggers can do
Broken Link Removed

BLO*DY HELL!! Were you asleep when they took your beard????? :Eeek:

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Waking up and finding its a Burstner and I am parked next to JJ

I know nothing about Burstners . As for finding you're parked next to JJ, don't you worry Dave!! When he travels on his own , he never gets too near to other people whoever they are...in fact he always park where there's no one at all!! And when I am with him, as I can't stand having intrusive neighbours (you know the kind of people who look at what you're doing all day long), I make him move the Hymer so we are alone :winky:

Amicalement

Frankie

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
What is your worst nightmare about your dear motorhome? What makes you shake, gives you fever just by the thought of it?

I think I have here one of your nightmares as a motorhomer.... and yet ... look at it...all scared!

Just caught it in my garage!:thumb:

How ? Very easy!:winky:

You stuff a timber with cheese (hard and smelly) then you put the timber on the floor and put on it , right in its middle a bowl (preferably glass not plastic as plastic is easier to move) .... and you go shopping!

When you're back .... There is Minnie the little cheeky mouse!:winky:::bigsmile:

Frankie (More cat than frog sometimes!):Cool:

Frankie - did you see this? How persistent they are! Amusing though!!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM6MNw7i6Ng"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM6MNw7i6Ng[/ame]

Catherine

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
We've found three of those dead inside our habitation area to date, and I've lost count of the number that have succumbed to the bait boxes in the engine bay. They climb up the front wheels, into the engine bay, and some of them found their way through the front passenger footwell lining, dropped onto the floor, did a bit of scurrying about then fell into the door foot wells, couldn't get out and expired. One of them made it into an opened floor level saucepan cupboard, made a nest in a tea towel, and then expired.

The most intriguing expired rodent we found was recently on a trip to Italy. My missus opened the fridge door, and an opened bag of M&S Naan breads that had been de-frosting in the fridge compartment fell on the floor. Under the bag was a rather rigid dead rodent. There is absolutely no way that the ex-rodent could have been trapped under the fridge door, so the only conclusion we could reach was that it had fallen OUT of the M&S Naan bread bag. All the more shocking because we'd eaten one of the Naans a few weeks ago before freezing them for the holiday trip. It must have got in during the packaging process. Yeeeeeeuch.
So those black bits werent cumin seeds then!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back