Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Staysure seems to get a lot of votes and is cheap. BlueBearTravel is competitive. Has anyone had experience of any claims with either of these companies?

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Will anyone insure for more than 120days?

Ginny

Hi Ginny, I think the Camping and Caravan Club do 180 days , and the Caravan Club do 183 Days, could not tell you who we use as its not my department. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

Ps Thats single trip, I think multi trip policies are max 30 days each trip.

Last edited:

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Ginny, I think the Camping and Caravan Club do 180 days , and the Caravan Club do 183 Days, could not tell you who we use as its not my department. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

Ps Thats single trip, I think multi trip policies are max 30 days each trip.

Thanks I will give them a call tomorrow, trouble is we really need a policy which excludes existing conditions, otherwise the cost will be prohibitive.

Ginny

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Ginny if you find one can you let us know, we could just do with accident cover, because there is so much they will not cover you for.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Thanks I will give them a call tomorrow, trouble is we really need a policy which excludes existing conditions, otherwise the cost will be prohibitive.

Ginny

Staysure I think are quite good reference age and existing conditions. U can get a quote on line. I didn't take it up right away and they sent an e mail saying we note you did not complete so here is a discount code :Smile:

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Anyone recommend a good reasonable cost policy for those of us with previous medical issues, I had a very minor heart attack 20 years ago and now at my age, (680, all the companies think I'm in imminent danger of expiring at any minute, some companies won't insure me, full stop, some want to charge horrendous fees, £450 plus, admittedly for a yearly worldwide cover including the USA, seems like soon as you mention USA, premiums go through the roof.

OP
OP
G

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Sorry to hijack this thread:Sad: but I asked if anyone had experience of claiming with a couple of travel insurers. Nevermind, I got the info I needed elsewhere.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Sorry to hijack this thread:Sad: but I asked if anyone had experience of claiming with a couple of travel insurers. Nevermind, I got the info I needed elsewhere.

So , are you going to let us in on it:Smile:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Sorry Geejay, for going from you OP glad you got the information you needed, were you happy with it and would you like to share, any information is always useful to fellow travellers.:Smile:

OP
OP
G

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Which? has an item on a problem someone had with Staysure, but I found that Staysure's age restrictions weren't suitable. Couldn't find anything on BlueBearTravel.

EhicPlus seems good for EC countries only:https://www.ehicplus.com/

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Bluebear are intermediaries, part of Rush Insurance Services who are themselves part of ITC Compliance. And the "cover is placed with a variety of different insurers, details of which can be provided on request."

Not very helpful but they do quote the various things they should quote on their T&C, as long as they aren't fibbing about their membership numbers etc.

Aaaaah - I've followed the trail. Rush place the cover with 'Cover2go' who are also part of ITC. Cover2go are actually also an intermediary and arrange both retail and wholesale covers - but C2G negotiate the policy wording in conjunction with the Underwriters, who are a German insurer and re-insurer. Don't worry about that because ALL insurers buy re-insurance, and there are lots of insurers worldwide who no-one has ever heard of. However, similar to arranging a policy underwritten at Lloyd's, everything is dealt with by the intermediary, you never ever deal with Lloyd's underwriters yourself.

So your real question should be, has anyone ever dealt with Rush or Cover2go?

Are any of the names I've mentioned, referred to in the Which? article?

OP
OP
G

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
No mention of Rush or Cover2Go in Which? They have a list of best rate policies for different age groups and BlueBearTravel features in the 65 to 69 band. They have checked out these policies to ensure they meet "stringent criteria". Article Here

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I insured with STAYSURE earlier this year for travel to Spain. I was unable to travel due to family problem. I asked them if they would change the dates for later in the year. Answer was no. Lost £200. Would never use them again. BUSBY:cry:

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
We have free travel ins with our bank Nationwide Flex acc

Just been in touch with them and they include cover for Morocco