LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Joined the Dethleffs owners club on the weekend as I want to find out more about them. Joined on line from there site and payed via PayPal, but have not had any response from the club. So cannot log onto forum. Anyone else had problems or are members. Help please.

Dec 6, 2011
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Ducato Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2011
Cant help I am afraid. Have you looked to see if their is a contact button on the website.

Mike

OP
OP
Mikey RV

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
there hard to get hold of i gave up

It was'ent hard for them to take my £15 have sent two messages via there page and sent a lady called jane olphin a e mail who is the contact from the site. But still no contact.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Mikey, he is on here, maybe send a PM.

This: Broken Link Removed

:thumb: Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I joined in 2007, sold Dethleff following year but i have never ever heard anything from them to date.:Laughing.BUSBY.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Broken Link Removedlast year was asking the same thing...Essentially someone paid up and heard nothing. A bit sloppy to say the least. :Eeek:

I will delete their link here, I don't want to assist them in taking money for nothing. :Doh:

OP
OP
Mikey RV

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Broken Link Removedlast year was asking the same thing...Essentially someone paid up and heard nothing. A bit sloppy to say the least. :Eeek:

I will delete their link here, I don't want to assist them in taking money for nothing. :Doh:

Cheers Jim, must say am really disappointed that such a well liked make of motorhome with what looked like a good forum/info site etc just can't be bothered but still take peaples money. I will be contacting paypal for a refund.

OP
OP
Mikey RV

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Ok update on this
I have now received a welcome pack via the postman from Richard who runs the Dethleffs owners club and he has emailed me. Seems somewhere along the line wires got crossed. Looking forward to getting on the clubs site and finding out about the Dethleffs.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Buy a "Rapido" , Mike...

I`m thinking of starting a Rapido Owners Club... (R.O.C.) :winky:

And all my members will have Life Time Membership... as long as they are female and aged between 22 & 35 yrs old... :winky::thumb:
:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Mikey RV

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Buy a "Rapido" , Mike...

And all my members will have Life Time Membership... as long as they are female and aged between 22 & 35 yrs old... :winky::thumb:

Hi Mo
Tha reason I like the Dethleffs is because they have roof rails with bars which I need to put my surfboard & kayak on. I like the Rapido's, Burstners, Nissmon boscoff whatever it is. Got to sell the Winne first though which is going to be a sad day.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hi Mo
Tha reason I like the Dethleffs is because they have roof rails with bars which I need to put my surfboard & kayak on. I like the Rapido's, Burstners, Nissmon boscoff whatever it is. Got to sell the Winne first though which is going to be a sad day.

My Rapido has front to back rails fitted,, I think they are integrated (All part of the roof mould),,,, I presume you just buy the clamp on side to side bars..

Not that it would do any good, I have so much other stuff up there , there`s no room.. :RollEyes: And I don't have a ladder... :winky:

I have seen a Hymer with roof rails, and one I saw had a surfboard on the roof... so they are available...

Good opening for you................ Fold up "Surfboard".... ::bigsmile:

Wish you luck selling your Winnie,,, You will have thoughts ,,, have we done right,,, but after a couple of trips and being able to just go off even for a short weekend it`s worth it.. :thumb:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Buy a "Rapido" , Mike...

No need Mo there is one already. We were in it but never went on any of their rallies :Sad:

Broken Link Removed

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
No need Mo there is one already. We were in it but never went on any of their rallies :Sad:

Broken Link Removed

(Quote from their site) =Our membership has been maintained at around 50 units which is a comfortable size ensuring a good show at rallies while encouraging a close, friendly atmosphere
...........................................................................................................................

50 members.. :Smile:,,,, and looking at the photo`s,,, most of those are caravaners... :Cool:

OP
OP
Mikey RV

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
I would suggest you get onto PayPal and file a dispute, that will freeze your £15 and you may get it back

Peter

Got contact now Peter, but can not log on to the owners club site as they are having problems with log ins. Hope they sort it soon. Have a contact if I need info which is not the same but hopefully will be sorted soon.

Deleted User
Bought our Trend in January 2015 and researched clubs etc and found the Dethleffs, thinking the people in the know. Web site was down forever, and the only thing we had was a pin and a decal. Biggest item was the 5% discount for parts, which you have to order through the clubs owner. Bad enough recognising the exact part, serial number model number with Dethleffs never mind a part time agent. Seems there would be a long or further delay using a middle man. Presumably not doing it for free.
After a year all we heard and did was a reminder to renew £15 subscription.
So my advice not to bother.

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Must admit I've not been impressed. Couldn't log on for a couple of months, sent a query about catches and still awaiting a reply. Probably won't bother again. You weren't lucky, you got a pin and decal, we got nothing.

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
I,m not a member but have had excellent service, best way to contact them is use their facebook page and message them. My 7014 will be for sale in the spring with ladder and roof rack if of interest.

Oct 21, 2016
New Forest , Hampshire .
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit
Exp
Still very new , since September 2012
The Dethleffs Owners Club has been a fully functioning Club again from December 2018 . It has involved a very slight name change by adding a UK 2019 to the name for admin reasons, and is now fully up to speed. The web page looks very much like the original page , but we now also have a Closed Group Facebook page for Members only.
Thank you, Dethleffs Owners Club UK . Any enquiries please use email dethleffsownersuk@btinternet.com and not the previous g mail version .

steviebouy

Free Member
Jun 18, 2011
Pucklechurch, Bristol BS16 9SE, UK
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since July 2011!
So to clarify.......is this a revamp of the old club or a new organisation?
Is it run by the same people who appear to know how to take subs but not provide anything for members if the posts above are anything to go by?
I get the impression OttosDad maybe involved in this enterprise but I couldn't find any other references to the Club except this one which includes Jim saying he has deleted their link.
Cheers
Steve
PS I also paid my subs in the past and was p.??*d off by them.

Oct 21, 2016
New Forest , Hampshire .
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit
Exp
Still very new , since September 2012
To clarify. Dethleffs Owners Club UK 2019 is the official and only Dethleffs approved Owners Club here in the UK. It is not run by the original founder of the Club , who after their departure , we were advised to change the name slightly, mainly for accounting reasons which is standard practice when these things happen in the way they did. This all took place in October / November 2018 , hence the start date of December that year. Any enquiries please use email dethleffsownersuk@btinternet.com and not the previous g mail version .
Thank you. Dethleffs Owners Club UK .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back