Free Member
Oct 3, 2013
Cornwall and Charente
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Our van has concertina blinds around the front windows and they are great - very easy to use and effective in stopping any aspiring thieves from casing the joint.
But there is one problem - getting them folded back when we're ready to move on. No matter how I try to fold them they always go their own way! Eventually with very careful and slow movement they return to the box but it ain't easy. So has anyone a fool-proof method to make them act as proper concertinas in less than the 15 minutes it often takes now?

Alan :cry:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Our van has concertina blinds around the front windows and they are great - very easy to use and effective in stopping any aspiring thieves from casing the joint.
But there is one problem - getting them folded back when we're ready to move on. No matter how I try to fold them they always go their own way! Eventually with very careful and slow movement they return to the box but it ain't easy. So has anyone a fool-proof method to make them act as proper concertinas in less than the 15 minutes it often takes now?

Alan :cry:

Hi Alan
I know what you mean I find on the side blinds if you take them slow with one hand moving it and the other in the middle of the plastic piece it seems easier. Pete :thumb:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We use the same technique as Pete. With one hand on the plastic housing, feed the folds slowly back into the plastic as you move the blind back. It takes practice but you get quicker - honest!:Smile:

Geraldine

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
A

alhod

Free Member
Oct 3, 2013
Cornwall and Charente
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
I agree that the two handed feedback is the most effective and does eventually get there. Watching from outside must be quite entertaining, especially on the driving side when I am contorted over and around the wheel whilst trying to get two hands on the blind and avoid impaling myself on the stalks!

Alan

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Get the other half to do it!!! ::bigsmile: They have much more patience than we mere males. :thumb: You know it makes sense. :ROFLMAO:

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Ours seem to slide back without any trouble and the only tricky bit is hooking and unhooking the two sides of the windscreen blinds where they meet in the middle, and that's only because of the width if the top of the dashboard.:Smile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi alittle hard to explain but here goes --as you push it back grad the pleats with your fingers and with a grabbingg motion pull them towards the front bit alowing them to fold with your fingers ,then shove all backwards
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back