Lowering driver seat on Fiat. (1 Viewer)

slverdreamers

Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
We have just ordered a Chasson Welcome 10 Flash at NEC Delivery Feb/Mar next year. I am long in the body and when we went to Lowdhams yesterday found the seat too high even at its lowest adjustment. I have always had this problem with low profiles I sure I read somewhere that it is possible to lower the seat, it swivels which makes it a bit higher, and we don't want to lose the swivel. Does anyone know any more about this?
Thanks. Pete

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Seat height

Hi, Pete you can get different sizes of boxes on which the seats are mounted but this is very difficult to do dependant on what van you have there may be electrics and other bits and bobs to take into account why not contact the van manufacturer and seek their advice as this must be a common problem my nephew is 6foot 6inches and still growing so their is no universal adjustment:Smile:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the replacement, lower seat boxes are a doddle to fit. simply disconnect battery, unplug seat wires, unbolt the seat and base then reinstall in reverse order. the electrics are only usually seat belt warnings

the replacement box can be purchased as either a shortened frame or my preference a solid structure with an optional locking door which creates a safe

switching over seat boxes takes about 1 1/2 hours for a competent DIYer

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Just done it on ours, dead easy the only down side is the cost. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

So, hope you don't mind me asking, but, How much did it cost, where did you purchase it from and how much did it lower the seat by?

Thanks

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
In the past I have cut 3ins off the exhisting box and had it welded back together -did not know you could buy shortened boxes :Smile:
If I was you I would make it a condition of the sale that they put the shorter box in for you :thumb:
terry

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
lowered seat bases and fitting instructions here
Link Removed

for a current ducato base its ÂŁ150

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
lowered seat bases and fitting instructions here
Link Removed

for a current ducato base its ÂŁ150

Many thanks for the link. The only problem is, if I've read the spec correctly, the bit of kit only fits vehicles up to 2006 and ours is a 2007/8 cry:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Many thanks for the link. The only problem is, if I've read the spec correctly, the bit of kit only fits vehicles up to 2006 and ours is a 2007/8 cry:

try this one, which states 2007 onwards :thumb:
Link Removed

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Lowers it by about 3 inch i believe, takes it back to the standard height without swivels.

Got mine from LVS same one's as marcle leisure made by sportscraft.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back