Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I haven't seen any figures for motorhome sales at the NEC but two caravan companies have reported record sales at the NEC last month of staggering amounts. Lunar caravans sold £7m while coachman sold £9m of new caravans, That's a lot of sales in just one week.

The associated spend on awnings, aquarolls, motor movers etc Along with cars to pull them and it looks like the recession truly is behind us. The downside, more and more vans, fewer and fewer campsite pitches.

Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
I haven't seen any figures for motorhome sales at the NEC but two caravan companies have reported record sales at the NEC last month of staggering amounts. [HI]Lunar caravans sold £7m while coachman sold £9m of new caravans, [/HI]That's a lot of sales in just one week.

The associated spend on awnings, aquarolls, motor movers etc Along with cars to pull them and it looks like the recession truly is behind us. The downside, more and more vans, fewer and fewer campsite pitches.

looks like we will have to plan our journeys a lot earlier then::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
We had a fantastic show and the follow on orders that we have taken for people who have subsequently finalised "deals" on new motorhomes has matched what we booked at the show.

People are booking Satellite, Air Conditioning, Growlers, Pioneer sat nav-camera combinations and fully integrated big inverter systems.

Mainly on European marques it would seem.

It has been the most successful show, from a financial point of view we have ever done in 23 years of exhibiting.

Eddie

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
The downside, more and more vans, fewer and fewer campsite pitches.

Ah but these newer ones don't last as long as the old ones. So there will be thousands of them being permanently taken off the road this year:thumb:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
I haven't seen any figures for motorhome sales at the NEC but two caravan companies have reported record sales at the NEC last month of staggering amounts. Lunar caravans sold £7m while coachman sold £9m of new caravans, That's a lot of sales in just one week.

If there are enough you might get more at Red Kite:ROFLMAO:

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Showtimes

We had a fantastic show and the follow on orders that we have taken for people who have subsequently finalised "deals" on new motorhomes has matched what we booked at the show.

People are booking Satellite, Air Conditioning, Growlers, Pioneer sat nav-camera combinations and fully integrated big inverter systems.

Mainly on European marques it would seem.

It has been the most successful show, from a financial point of view we have ever done in 23 years of exhibiting.

Eddie

Growlers?? Why would anyone order a pork pie for their new motorhome? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005

Big question,

Are these all new sales or is there an element of part exchange involved.

Therefore not quite as many totally new vehicles on the road and subsequently more camping spaces.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Big question,

Are these all new sales or is there an element of part exchange involved.

Therefore not quite as many totally new vehicles on the road [HI]and subsequently more camping spaces[/HI].

Not if those part exchanges get sold to new tuggers. Then the overall numbers are up. I imagine though, that in any year vast numbers of old vans are scrapped.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
When I dropped the Bailey off at my dealer last week he said they'd had a brilliant show for sales. Can't remember if he'd said they'd sold 40 motorhomes at the show or whether that was 40 Baileys since production (in the context of my problem thread elsewhere). :Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back