Idiot allowed to wire in satellite and TV (1 Viewer)

B

bandaid

Deleted User
Hi all, the idiot fitter has made a good job of fitting the satellite dish to the roof, all bolted and sikaflexed, cables neatly put down throught the roof, again perfectly sealed and tidy.
The trouble is, that the idiot fitter, then tried to use the existing live feed for the TV ariel, as feed for the satellite too. Result?...no power to the ariel, or the satellite. ( turned the battery off at the isolator switch, beore chopping the cables about)

so then, this same idiot, spend about 2 hours looking for the fuse for the ariel socket, and despite checking by eye every fuse on the vehicle, and all the circuit breakers, ...cant find why no power to the ariel.

So its time, time to state the obvious, the idiot was me. The vehicle is an 05 gulfstream sunvoyager 8377, and the powered ariel socket thingy is in a small cupboard above the furnace cupboard. I got power everywhere but there....and I'm desperate, 'cos I need to get the tv one by Thursday...If anyone knows where to find the fuse for this supply, I'd be grateful, or if anyone can suggest a direct feed point, I could use that....

Thing is, dont tell anyone that I broke it or she'll find out.:cry:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Oops! thers one you hav'nt checked, properly anyway, im afraid by eye just wont cut it, ive been fooled many a time by the ol peeps check, they look good till you ask it to do something, test meter is the only way me thinks, is ther anything else not working that may give you a clue, checked under the bonnet for more fuses, they put them any where you know, have you got power into tha booster and not out or is it dead dead, there may be a 12V to the furnaceor light you could use
Geo

davida

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Guildford
Funster No
Exp
So its time, time to state the obvious, the idiot was me. The vehicle is an 05 gulfstream sunvoyager 8377, and the powered ariel socket thingy is in a small cupboard above the furnace cupboard. I got power everywhere but there....and I'm desperate, 'cos I need to get the tv one by Thursday...If anyone knows where to find the fuse for this supply, I'd be grateful, or if anyone can suggest a direct feed point, I could use that....

Crafty those Gulfstream folk hide the fuses all over the place. If you have tried all the fuses in the locker and all the fuses under the bonnet. You will find under the dash in the centre of the vehicle yet another fuse box which isnt mentioned in any of the manuals by either Gulfstream or the chassis manafacturer.
Besides being the fuse for many of the odd services and maybe the aerial feed it also provides the fused supply to all the relays. Dont ask me how I know but it took 2 days of circuit tracing to find and not even the dealers knew about it.:RollEyes::shout:

Let me know if you find it

Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

davida

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Guildford
Funster No
Exp

Crafty those Gulfstream folk hide the fuses all over the place. If you have tried all the fuses in the locker and all the fuses under the bonnet. You will find under the dash in the centre of the vehicle yet another fuse box which isnt mentioned in any of the manuals by either Gulfstream or the chassis manafacturer.
Besides being the fuse for many of the odd services and maybe the aerial feed it also provides the fused supply to all the relays. Dont ask me how I know but it took 2 days of circuit tracing to find and not even the dealers knew about it.:RollEyes::shout:

Dave

OP
OP
B

bandaid

Deleted User
Thanks or the help guys.....wouldnt you know they'd do the

" hidden fuses- confuse the owner"...........sounds like a chinese movie....anyway, back to the RV tomorrow, and shall don the deerstalker and magniying glass.

I shall not be vanquished

at least not for an hour or so.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980

Dave

Dave

Is this fuse box accessed from the inside of the vehicle or outside

Jim

davida

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Guildford
Funster No
Exp
Mine was a 8297 triple slide.
The fuse box is accessed from the inside of the vehicle.

It was under the console . Try looking from the drivers side from the pedals up and into the middle of the vehicle. Yes you have to be flexible.:Doh:
Or try laying on the internal engine cover with your head facing the dash and reach under the dash/console/bulkhead and see if you can feel it.

Dave

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Mine was a 8297 triple slide.
The fuse box is accessed from the inside of the vehicle.

It was under the console . Try looking from the drivers side from the pedals up and into the middle of the vehicle. Yes you have to be flexible.:Doh:
Or try laying on the internal engine cover with your head facing the dash and reach under the dash/console/bulkhead and see if you can feel it.

Dave
As a totaly last resort put 240v thro your batteries and follow the smoke:thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo
Public safety warning these peanuts may contain nuts, and the above suggestion is also nuts
things you have to do:RollEyes::RollEyes:

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
If you were a tenter and read some of the posts on this site, you'd think camping was great. I had a fuse problem on my Autotrail eventualy found 4 fuse boxes plus an array of fuse's on top of the battery.
A bit diferent to my 68 Triumph Herald just 1 fuse.
Is'nt technology wonderful

Andy

OP
OP
B

bandaid

Deleted User
Booster switch?, wassa booster switch and please, please, where is it?

I didnt know I had a booster switch.....

note to self, read manuals first, read manuals first.:Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back