LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Exp
Hang on while I look at my watch
Wow what a rough night last night. Spent it in the van on a CL site overlooking the valley at Hebden Bridge in Yorkshire. Thought I'd traded the van in for a narrow boat it was that bad.

Anybody else get that freak hail storm followed by lightning that lit up the sky like something out of a horror movie.

Glad I put that bit of extra glue on when I fitted my Maxview crank up dish in the summer. It was certainly tested last night.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Now you see why we drove all the way to Portugal instead of wintering in Todmorden

Last edited:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
No hale or thunder and lighting but crazy windy. Slept well though, on the drive of Colin's mothers in Norfolk!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Blew a gale up on top of the Peak District just above Dovedale. Drove over the top to Blackwell near Buxton this morning and had to fight to keep van in a straight line.:thumb:

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Rod order

Back in the 80s when I worked in Halifax I once almost bought a house down the valley near Todmorden. I'd visited the house next door on a glorious sunny day and seeing the property for sale, had a look round. I even took the family back for another look......

Fortunately that second visit was on a dull, wet day - much more typical of the local weather - and that was the end of that! the name of the place should also have given me a clue: East View.

OP
OP
My Dog Likes Fishing

My Dog Likes Fishing

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Exp
Hang on while I look at my watch
Been there twice now. First time it snowed and the site water froze up. Last night though the wind blew that bad I had to have another bottle of wine to get to sleep.

The picture of Portugal looks like heaven. A bit far to commute for work tomorrow though.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
We lived in Todmorden, up near the Pike that you may be able to see, for over 30 years.

We long since discovered that you have to grow an extra layer of skin to survive comfortably up there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Been there twice now. First time it snowed and the site water froze up. Last night though the wind blew that bad I had to have another bottle of wine to get to sleep.

The picture of Portugal looks like heaven. A bit far to commute for work tomorrow though.

You be careful!!!

Didn't you know those gassing gangs prey on those motorhomes where the occupants have had 'one extra bottle'!:Eeek:

SharonL

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Rossendale
Funster No
MH
Him RV - me Bongo!
Exp
Just starting
Spent it in the van on a CL site overlooking the valley at Hebden Bridge in Yorkshire. Thought I'd traded the van in for a narrow boat it was that bad.

We had a major downpour wi hailstones n thunder overnight at the Longrdige meet but we were in a fairly sheltered spot so not too windy.

I'm not far from Hebden Bridge, used to drive through every day on my way to work from Bacup over to Copley :thumb: is it a suitable site for RV's by any chance or not? Cheers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back