Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
After trying various video cameras on different modes of transport, I decided to get one for the MH and settled on a Roadhawk HD. It should be here next week
Anybody own one of these devices?
Allan

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
It was after reading a thread on here recently that I decided to have a look at them myself I seem to becoming a magnet for idiot drivers at the moment hopefully they will continue to be near misses. but if I can record some of them that could be interesting and perhaps useful. The price of them seems high but when you look at the spec. gps,date stamp,hd,some even speed etc they are not that bad. The one I have my eye on is this,
[ame="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111147484995"]BlackVue DR500GW-HD In-Car Vehicle Recording System GPS & WI-FI Version | eBay[/ame] if I do get it I will let you know.
Steve

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
After trying various video cameras on different modes of transport, I decided to get one for the MH and settled on a Roadhawk HD. It should be here next week
Allan

I bought the Roadhawk HD earlier this year and am very happy with it's performance.:thumb:

The data it collects and displays is amazing and sometimes a little embarrassing as it shows up all your driving faux pas and speed excesses.:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Campercaillie

Free Member
Jun 23, 2012
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 620
Exp
-
Allan

This one certainly comes out very well in consumer reviews ....
.... and .... you can buy a suction cup mount if you want to switch it between vehicles .. :winky:

Look forward to your own review.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I first of all bought a £70 camera off e bay and what a waste of money.

I have had a Roadhawk HD since last year and it is very good , excellent quality picture , sound and all info including google active mapping when playing on PC
Not cheap but really does the job :thumb:

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
I have a roadhawk, swap it between vehicles and very happy

Dave

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Another very satisfied Roadwak owner here, brilliant piece of kit, also bought spare bracket and power lead to allow switching between vehicles. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Another thumbs up for Roadhawk. Bought spare bracket and lead to use in 2 vehicles. Replay quality is stunning.
Cheers
Bernie

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I too have it and swap it between vehicles. Very happy with it but still drive with great caution. I've checked the download quality and it is superb. However, I do not download from it, I just let it loop round knowing if I am involved in an incident I may have the relevant bit on film as it only records what is happening directly in front of you and not to the sides or rear.
If you leave a little slack in your power cable you can swivel the camera but I think in an incident it will be all over before you turn the camera, although your thoughts and actions will be elsewhere at the time.

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
Glad it seems to be well liked, I bought mine direct from Roadhawk shop and got a 20% discount through IAM.
I like the idea of spare mounts, I'll have to get a couple for when we use the cars.
I used to have one of those little Chinese Keyfob sized cameras, brilliant quality, if you get the right one. Left it running on the dash of the car one day while in Sainsburys and got a great video of a woman trying to get on her Jag after someone parked really close to her drivers door. She was a larger model than normal, and quite game for clambering around in the car before she finally got into the drivers seat. We laughed till we cried when I played it back. Of course the Roadhawk is only for serious stuff.......:Blush:

Allan

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i have one of these £60 - £80 ( depends wher u buy ) great recording quality day and night. on playback software shows video on main screen, sat nav type map with moving arrow on right, time , speed and G force graphs.

well pleased

Attachments

• dashcam.jpg
    dashcam.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 12

Organplayer

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Sept. 1995
Organplayer

DesertDetours Ray was telling me a while back that he had the Road Hawk, and he spoke very highly of it.

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
It was after reading a thread on here recently that I decided to have a look at them myself I seem to becoming a magnet for idiot drivers at the moment hopefully they will continue to be near misses. but if I can record some of them that could be interesting and perhaps useful. The price of them seems high but when you look at the spec. gps,date stamp,hd,some even speed etc they are not that bad. The one I have my eye on is this,
Link Removed if I do get it I will let you know.
Steve

Well I got the Blackvue DR500GW-HD Wi-Fi, its first outing was to Longridge last week and now I know how to use it I am very pleased, very good HD recording with the gps mapping, sound if you want it but be careful what you say:Smile: and if you want you can watch live feed on a iPhone etc..
Steve

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
Roadhawk arrived last week and I also ordered a suction mount and spare cable. The unit comes with two adhesive mounts with differing angles. Only one fits the van windscreen and I have used the suction mount in the car and the recordings are very clear and sharp, even through a very dirty ( on the inside) windscreen and rain.
It is now residing in the van on its adhesive mount. I spent ages sourcing a good 32gb sd card after hearing all the stories about card errors, which should be here tomorrow. Meanwhile, I have tried all my old sd cards in it, even a cheap generic 8gb card and a micro 16gb card in an adapter and they all work fine :Doh:

Just waiting to catch someone throwing themselves at me when I stop at a crossing now......

Oh, here you go............

[ame="http://youtu.be/BcGAKqANOzE"]http://youtu.be/BcGAKqANOzE[/ame]

Allan

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
I am trying to decide on a dashcam as well and finding it all quite a minefield - Roadhawk seems to have quite a few negative reviews, all citing similar issues with the SD card and software glitches, which at £280 ish, is a lot to pay for it.

Does anyone use anything other than the Roadhawk they would recommend?

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
There is a new one from snooper .
If its as good as the satnav it should be great.
Its €200 here so about £180.

I use a cheap dashcam €16:99 but its just a camera no gps no g force.

I will wait and see how the snooper gets on.

I did find the roaghawk very good but thought it was very expensive.

Mel

Aug 29, 2012
North Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Panel van conversion
Exp
since 2011
I am trying to decide on a dashcam as well and finding it all quite a minefield - Roadhawk seems to have quite a few negative reviews, all citing similar issues with the SD card and software glitches, which at £280 ish, is a lot to pay for it.

Does anyone use anything other than the Roadhawk they would recommend?

I bought this little number a while ago and was so impressed with the performance I bought another! so no need to swap from car to motorhome. They are better quality than some of the rubbish you get on fleabay, but obviously not as good as Roadhawk, but if one of mine gets stolen it wont hurt as much!!:ROFLMAO: I was a little wary of buying direct from the far east but no probs at all.

Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back