lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
been gutting my self build for the rebuild, an was quite shocked to see how the the carver 1800 heater had been installed (installed is the wrong word really lol) they have a cut a nice big hole in the floor the right size etc.. for everything to protrude as you would expect. except the previous owner decided this was not good enough so he built a little wooded box to sit the fire on above said hole but not bothering to fasten or seal anything down so all the nice exhaust fumes can collect and escape into the the habitation area good aint it

OP
OP
L

lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
is it possible to convert the carver cb 1800 to blown air? the bus still has all the floor level heating vents running the full length and seems a same not to make use of it

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
just scary the lack of common sense in the world

Indeed it is.

We live in a country where all mains appliances, by law, have to have a mains plug fitted because people were killing themselves. Just 3 wires.

It's easy to laugh when you know what you are doing. I guess that guy had a perfectly logical reason for what he did.

OP
OP
L

lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
Indeed it is.

We live in a country where all mains appliances, by law, have to have a mains plug fitted because people were killing themselves. Just 3 wires.

It's easy to laugh when you know what you are doing. I guess that guy had a perfectly logical reason for what he did.

I cant figure what the idea was apart from having the heater a whole 5 inches higher the hole in the floor is the right size for heater and there nothing in the way underneath

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Not sure if this is the right kit but this is what you need
Link Removed

OP
OP
L

lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
Not sure if this is the right kit but this is what you need
Link Removed
that was the sorta thing i was thinking to bolt on to the back to draw the warm air from fire and blow it through the ducts

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back