Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Recent converts from boating
Ok so we've got the motor home, it has a bike rack, I have a bike........

But how the dickens do you attach one to t'other? I mean, I had thought of just a few straps, but then I saw a man putting his bikes onto the rack with a sort of clamping thing...... No I didn't ask him as we were just leaving at the time and to be honest I didn't think about it until later :RollEyes:

Are there special fittings for the purpose? I'm sure there will be ones that actually lock the bike on there as well ........ And I'm absolutely certain that some of you will know the answer! .......pretty please?

OP
OP
Volusia

Volusia

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Now there's a good idea::bigsmile: I used it to hang the rubbish bag on overnight once .... Thought it would be out of the way of stray wildlife. It worked as well, good idea about the washing though:RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
They all have the fittings for attaching bikes, but they are all different what bike carrier do you have. :Smile: Bob.

Upvote 0

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
I have a Fiamma bike rack and it came with clamp type fitting, some which can be slid along the the rails at bottom and the two others whic are like curved arms, one short one for the inner bike and a longer one for the outer one. If it is a Fiamma have at look on their website and you will see what I mean.

If it is another make have a look at their site.

Mike

Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
many just use small ratchet type straps .or elasticated straps . dont forget a chunky chain and lock . even a good strong rope is ideal . if they want it they will get it . 3ft bolyt croppers cut most things . and today with cordless grinders nothings safe .

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Volusia

Volusia

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Love the photo, gave me a good idea for the dogs as well:Smile:

Also thanks for the other tips. I'm getting paranoid about security stuff at the moment after reading the threads on here:Eeek: I guess someone who is really determined will pinch anything:Angry:

Upvote 0
May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
Ok so we've got the motor home, it has a bike rack, I have a bike........

But how the dickens do you attach one to t'other? I mean, I had thought of just a few straps, but then I saw a man putting his bikes onto the rack with a sort of clamping thing...... No I didn't ask him as we were just leaving at the time and to be honest I didn't think about it until later :RollEyes:

Are there special fittings for the purpose? I'm sure there will be ones that actually lock the bike on there as well ........ And I'm absolutely certain that some of you will know the answer! .......pretty please?

As I am also in the Haute Vienne if you could let me know where you are then I will pop over and have a look for you.:thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Volusia

Volusia

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Oh thanks that would be very kind, we are right at the northern tip of the Haute Vienne though, might be a long way from you ......... Now when I can work out how to send you a pm.......:RollEyes:

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Oh thanks that would be very kind, we are right at the northern tip of the Haute Vienne though, might be a long way from you ......... Now when I can work out how to send you a pm.......:RollEyes:

on the left of the post, click on the posters name and select send a private message from the list that pops up:thumb:

Upvote 0
Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010

Don't let him know where you are, he just wants to find you so he can nick your bike:ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Volusia

Volusia

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Are you speaking from your own experience?

As for me, I always think the best of folk until I find otherwise ...... Then God help 'em:Eeek:

I liked the post though ..... Made me laugh out loud and that doesn't happen too often:Smile:

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class N & B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Maybe stupido, but does your MH have a garage, in which so, put the bikes in there! By the way, love the "History is yesterday" bit, where did that come from?

Upvote 0
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
If its fiamma then john cross have all the bits and bobs and they are so nice they would probably send it to france and then your 10% discount would help pay for postage.

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
If its fiamma then john cross have all the bits and bobs and they are so nice they would probably send it to france and then your 10% discount would help pay for postage.
And they are always so helpful::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back