Grab rails (1 Viewer)

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Now that I've 'grabbed ' your attention [sorry] does anyone know where to buy the sort of grab rails that you see fitted to the inside of motorhomes, by the exit door? Makes egress much safer if you hold onto something, rather than launching yourself onto the steps, but I've not been able to find anything similar in the DIY market. Thinking about the longish, curved metal jobbies in particular.

FM02MZO

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
30 years caravan, 2 year motorhome
Find a motorhome which has a grab handle that you like, then go to that motorhomes dealer and order one.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Good afternoon,

I have these handles in stock if your interested (see attachment). They are a bolt through from the inside of the cupboard.
They are normally £19.50 but to Funsters £17.55

Regards

Ian, Workshops
www.johnscross.co.uk
01580 881288

Attachments

• help up handle.jpg
    help up handle.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 45
OP
OP
E
Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks for that Ian. But a new problem I've discovered with this, and the IKEA ones mentione, is that as you say they bolt through from the other side. The top bolt would be ok, but the bottom one has the fridge, rather than a wardrobe, behind it. And I don't feel competent to remove the fridge to do the drilling :cry:

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Thanks for that Ian. But a new problem I've discovered with this, and the IKEA ones mentione, is that as you say they bolt through from the other side. The top bolt would be ok, but the bottom one has the fridge, rather than a wardrobe, behind it. And I don't feel competent to remove the fridge to do the drilling :cry:

Might be worth taking off the bottom fridge vent you might find enough room behind the fridge for a bolt and get to it through the vent

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Good afternoon,

I have these handles in stock if your interested (see attachment). They are a bolt through from the inside of the cupboard.
They are normally £19.50 but to Funsters £17.55

Regards

Ian, Workshops
Ian. I am not sure about the OP but I may want one of those (I am not far from you). Do you know the centres of the holes please so I can see if it fits where I want to put it

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007

Why not mount the grab handle on a timber rail, then fix the rail at a couple of positions within the wardrobe dimensions? Or, use a strong adhesive. I have the same problem because my preferred fixings are into a very inaccessible table storage slit.

I'd be interested to know if you find a suitable handle. The largest range I've found, to date, is in a local mobility shop!

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Google "bath grab rail" any amount available:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Ian. I am not sure about the OP but I may want one of those (I am not far from you). Do you know the centres of the holes please so I can see if it fits where I want to put it

Ian wont be online until Monday so best to give him a ring, the workshop is open until 1pm on Saturday

Peter

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

Morning,

The hole centres are 19inch apart.

Hope that helps

Feel free to give me a call this morning.

Ian, workshops
www.johnscross.co.uk
01580 881288

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back