LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
From time to time people ask me which wildings do I think are the best. I know some have never done off grid and would never consider it, but for those that are considering a few days or weeks off grid I will be putting a few photos and a little information on this thread. If any other funsters would like to add on this thread please do but attach photos please, so that it gives a good idea of just what is there. Supermarket carparks do not count. The first is one of my all time favourites in Spain. Playa de Paercheles just south of Mazarron. It used to be a winter halt for hundreds of snowbirds but unfortunately became too popular so the Spanish put up a hight barrier. This was removed last year, allowing excess, but no sleeping. You can get around this problem by driving back up the lane and taking a dirt road along the coast back towards Mazarron and sleeping along there on the beach.
PS...I know it says Morocco on the photos, but thats because I am too lazy to put them in the correct folder.

Attachments

• Morocco 061.jpg
    Morocco 061.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 135
  • Morocco 063.jpg
    Morocco 063.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 121
  • Morocco 001.jpg
    Morocco 001.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 124
  • Morocco 062.jpg
    Morocco 062.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 118
OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Here is a good link to the beaches of Canada de Gallego, which is a group of beaches that include Playa de Pecheles. I have camped on all these beaches in the past and there is no problems wilding on any of the others, its just Pecheles has a problem with sleeping. The track mentioned in the link is not suitable for 5ers or American RVs but is fine for anything under 7 metres. BROKEN LINK

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Pic 1 & 2: Barragem Do Roxo, Portugal The first one was a few years ago, went last year and it was under water in that spot, but Some good carp fishing off the dam.

Pic 3: Barragem Do Divor, again good Carp fishing

Pic 4: Scotland on the Ardnamurchan Peninsula.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• 25032009743.jpg
    25032009743.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 26032009744.jpg
    26032009744.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 67
  • Do Divor Free Camp.jpg
    Do Divor Free Camp.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCN1563.jpg
    DSCN1563.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 65
OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Heres another one for you. If travelling to Spain via La Jonquera border, come off the motorway at Le Boulou and take the old road towards the Spanish border at La Jonquera. Just as you come past what used to be the old customs post there is a left turn signposted "Auberge can Juan". Take this turn and follow it up the mountain. You will see several large level pull ins overlooking the valley on your way up nestled in the cork oaks. If you continue up to the auberge and have a meal, which I guarantee will be one of the most memorable in your life, you can park in there yard free of charge. The menu is 28 Euros for 8 courses including aperatif, unlimited red and white wine and coffee and brandy.I have put a link to the auberge. http://lalbere.net/quelsServices/aubergecanJoan.htm

For some strange reason I am not able to put photos on any more as it keeps telling me the file is to big. Never had this problem in the past.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Heres another one for you. If travelling to Spain via La Jonquera border, come off the motorway at Le Boulou and take the old road towards the Spanish border at La Jonquera. Just as you come past what used to be the old customs post there is a left turn signposted "Auberge can Juan". Take this turn and follow it up the mountain. You will see several large level pull ins overlooking the valley on your way up nestled in the cork oaks. If you continue up to the auberge and have a meal, which I guarantee will be one of the most memorable in your life, you can park in there yard free of charge. The menu is 28 Euros for 8 courses including aperatif, unlimited red and white wine and coffee and brandy.I have put a link to the auberge. http://lalbere.net/quelsServices/aubergecanJoan.htm

For some strange reason I am not able to put photos on any more as it keeps telling me the file is to big. Never had this problem in the past.

Will try again. Seems to be working now.

Attachments

• Tour of France & Spain with Pat 027.jpg
    Tour of France & Spain with Pat 027.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Tour of France & Spain with Pat 023.jpg
    Tour of France & Spain with Pat 023.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 21

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.