Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Recent converts from boating
Has anyone come up with a ,comfortable on bare feet, bed ladder?
The bed is as comfy as can be be, but oh' the metal ladder on my feet!

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Ours is a wooden one and not bad, but I've found that the best way of getting DOWN from the bed is to step down onto the settee. Alternatives?

A small trampoline? It could add an extra frisson into your nighttime routine, and after a little practice you might manage the odd triple sumersault!

:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Volusia

Volusia

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Can't step on settee as the bed magically appears from the ceiling. Ladder is a must I fear. Did the triple jump first time I had to get up and go, and there is much more getting up and going these days, but that's life!::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Try wrapping some carpet around the steps, i said the same to my daughter about the ladders being sore on my feet her reply was they dont hurt mine so you must be to fat:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We ditched our wooden ladder which we thought was uncomfortable and really unsafe to get up and down at night. We bought an 'Abru' step up with three broad rubber coated steps. It's really solid and doesn't move when you get out of the bed onto the first step - it also has a rail to hold onto at the top as well. It sits on the bed during the day and as long as you have enough space in front of the bed to open it up for night time use it works a treat.

Hope that helps,

Geraldine

OP
OP
Volusia

Volusia

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks everyone. There is a solution there!

OP
OP
Volusia

Volusia

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Try wrapping some carpet around the steps, i said the same to my daughter about the ladders being sore on my feet her reply was they dont hurt mine so you must be to fat:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Your daughter is right. Mine, along with my wife both say the same!
It's all this good, as well as cheap, wine down here!

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I had a van once which had one of those metal ladders. Definitely hard on the feet. Spent a couple of hours making a wooden one with wide carpeted treads, which had the bonus of having a positive location on the bunk rather than relying on a hook arrangement that could slide sideways.

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Hi,when we were renovating our MH,we perchased a boat ladder which has flat rungs, and find that more comfortable:thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We used some nice big pipe lagging on the rear ladder.
Wrapped it ( neatly in strips around each rung ) with gaffer tape.. Looks good and works REALLY well !

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We ditched our wooden ladder which we thought was uncomfortable and really unsafe to get up and down at night. We bought an 'Abru' step up with three broad rubber coated steps. It's really solid and doesn't move when you get out of the bed onto the first step - it also has a rail to hold onto at the top as well. It sits on the bed during the day and as long as you have enough space in front of the bed to open it up for night time use it works a treat.

Hope that helps,

Geraldine

Is this the one you mean?
http://www.abru.co.uk/pdfs/stepstools.pdf

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Yes, the three step one. It's not the lightest one, but is really stable. We looked at a few, but chose this one because of its stability.

Geraldine

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Yes, the three step one. It's not the lightest one, but is really stable. We looked at a few, but chose this one because of its stability.

Geraldine

I think that's an excellent idea. I have to admit that our ladders are not too uncomfortable but I was thinking of swapping them for something like this, as I cannot reach the top shelf of our outside ski locker. Also struggle to put the silver screens on. As everything in our van has to justify it's place by doing at least 2 jobs, this step stool would do just that.

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
It's a pity no one from Stannah is a member on here,as there seems to be a gap in the market for a device to get our less nimble members in and out of bed ! :ROFLMAO:

Vlad

OP
OP
Volusia

Volusia

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Good one

It's a pity no one from Stannah is a member on here,as there seems to be a gap in the market for a device to get our less nimble members in and out of

Vlad

That's great Vlad, then I could rid myself of my Lad der the impaler.
It's an ill wind as they say!:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back