Painting the inside of your motorhome (1 Viewer)

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I was just wondering if anyone had painted the inside walls of their motorhome and of so, what paint have you used, matt, silk, gloss (doubtful) but any advice would be welcome, thanks.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
If it`s just to change the colour, I wouldn`t bother..

Unless done professionally it will look just that a paint job and might put a potential buyer off, when you come to sell...

Might be better papering the walls.. :thumb:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
it depends on the board used and the finish. generally you can use a small roller and vinyl silk emulsion or eggshell finish. never use gloss or undercoat as it will peel.

remove all trims and do a very tidy paintjob and nobody but an expert would recognise the difference

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
it depends on the board used and the finish. generally you can use a small roller and vinyl silk emulsion or eggshell finish. never use gloss or undercoat as it will peel.

[HI]remove all trims and do a very tidy paintjob and nobody but an expert would recognise the difference[/HI]

I would.... PP Bear`s motorhome is a modern one... and I don't know of a modern one that has plain painted wall`s...

The older typed Caravans & M.H`s had painted (Spray) acrillic hard board type wall`s and a good paint job wouldn`t show.. But on a modern one.... :Blush:

Just my opinion.... ::bigsmile:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
i would not pant but my use sum venal wall coverings but my old vans why bother cant increase there value with a paint job box of matches would be more use :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Not only painted but decorated also! Stripped out to bare essentials coverings on older, and newer vans soon get marked overhaul all amenities and repaper with modernized choice .thin vinyl no good for floors but ideal for linning out a shower compartment. As for paint vinyl silk or matt .never gloss .how good is your DIY.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
If you do take the step, I would suggest you use a small sponge roller, it will give you a "spray paint finish"
I've done it on a set of lift doors in the past, the joker that owned the Hotel thought I'd sprayed them:Smile:

lilac lill

Free Member
Sep 15, 2012
Worksop
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt - I think!
Exp
Since 01/09/12
I've done the inside of Madge with a B&Q 'One Coat' matt but did need about 3 coats :RollEyes: did the edging in a similar but contrasting colour and the bits hiding the curtain rails in a colour to match in with the cupboards.
Painted the trim with 'chrome' enamel paint.
In good old Blue Peter fashion, wallpapered the cupboard fronts with a driftwood plank effect and changed the handles for glass knobs - all different.

Not everyone's cup of tea, but I like it far more than the 25yr old melamine. ::bigsmile: and all who have seen it say it looks good... they may be lying. :winky:
Not decided what to do with the ceiling yet and need to replace the boarding under the windows - but I have that ready.

As she is soooo old, there is no risk of 'ruining the value'.. she will only be scrap by the time I've had my money's worth, so why not??

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back