Is The Rest Of Your Day Ruined If... (1 Viewer)

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
no i always turm mine so i dont drip yoke on my jumper or t shirt .
dont wear a bib yet .
plus i normally have an egg and a slice of bacon sarnie .

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
A runny egg is a recipe for salmonella.:RollEyes:

Eaten runny yolks all my life - had salmonella once (really). Joking aside OH, me and our son got it, it actually put my son in hospital but this was about 18 years ago. Eaten many a runny yolk since then!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Oh yes indeed !!

Me too, a broken fried egg is a recipe for disaster (excuse the pun !:Doh:) I immediately do another one and let the dog have the disaster egg !

Even worse with a duck egg as their yolks are huge !!:Sad::Sad::Sad:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Me too, a broken fried egg is a recipe for disaster (excuse the pun !:Doh:) I immediately do another one and let the dog have the disaster egg !

Even worse with a duck egg as their yolks are huge !!:Sad::Sad::Sad:

A post written by a wise man of quality who knows about the important things in life, the inner self and the purity of spirit (not the alcholic kind).

Not the sort of non thinker who would brazenly walk on the cracks around the paving slabs on the pavement.

JJ :Cool:

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Usually x2 eggs cooked in the microwave at low power works ok for me-- but yesterday ,a huge bang and the inside of the microwave looked like someone threw up in there :Eeek:

She said ,"you made it ,you clear it up "-- I can`t stand the feel of slimy egg white :cry:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
JJ, You know what I think about broken fried eggs ..... OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

And it's me ( when it's you ...I usually try not to be a pain and let you go away with it:RollEyes:) going to cook another one straight away! I won't through the broken one away though ...I'll have it too, I hate to through food away, but funsters, you've got to understand that if I had decided to have 2 runny ones I must have 2, even if one ended broken!

It won't ruin the rest of my day though....otherwise, I would have been thrown out of a certain Hymer many a time:roflmto:!

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
... your fried egg yolk breaks before you place it on top of your fried bread?

Over easy for me JJ, it don't matter that much - there are more important things in life than a broken egg :Cool:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Over easy for me JJ, it don't matter that much - there are more important things in life than a broken egg :Cool:

Are you being serious here Mr Keith?

More important than a broken yolk on a fried egg... :Eeek:

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Totally spoils and disrupts my day too! Do I get any understanding from Kath? Not on your life.
How many egg removal slices can you have to get the damned things out of the pan in one piece that don't work :Angry: Also I don't see why she gets so angry when I'm still going on about it at bedtime. :Blush:

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
A perfectly cooked egg with a soft, runny yolk is also a thing of beauty as well as being a culinary delight.

To be placed on top of golden brown, semi-crunchy fried bread and delicately seasoned with a modest dollop of ketchup on the side is a feast rarely bettered in any restaurant.

There's a sense of completion when deciding to break the yolk and this is robbed and the eater rendered incomplete when the conscious act is taken away from him or her. It's a bit like unwrapping a new iPhone rather than being presented with the new item laid bare. Or having a new car delivered rather than collecting from the dealer. An invasion and robbery of decision, act and ownership.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
A perfectly cooked egg with a soft, runny yolk is also a thing of beauty as well as being a culinary delight.

To be placed on top of golden brown, semi-crunchy fried bread and delicately seasoned with a modest dollop of ketchup on the side is a feast rarely bettered in any restaurant.

There's a sense of completion when deciding to break the yolk and this is robbed and the eater rendered incomplete when the conscious act is taken away from him or her. [HI]It's a bit like unwrapping a new iPhone rather than being presented with the new item laid bare.[/HI] Or having a new car delivered rather than collecting from the dealer. An invasion and robbery of decision, act and ownership.

I'd rather have a broken fried egg :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Oh Mr Bellini...

I was nodding my head enthusiastically and going "yes, yes, yes" to your every word...

Until you got to the phone bit...

Ended up screaming... "No! No! No!"

iPhone?

I would rather use carrier pigeons with bird flu...

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I don't eat fried eggs - to avoid that sort of dissapointment:thumb:

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
Chris, I'm sure JJ would permit you to comment on the (even more?) sensual delights of a soft poached egg instead.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Noooooo.. but it tends to be a bit spoilt when I bite in to my egg sarny and manage to spray my clean shirt with egg yoke !! :cry:

Aint worried about the shirt you understand ( gotta give woman something to moan about / do ) but am more than miffed at the waste of the egg !!!

Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Chris, I'm sure JJ would permit you to comment on the (even more?) sensual delights of a soft poached egg instead.

No, I don't eat poached either.

Scrambled only for me or an omelette and that's it.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Noooooo.. but it tends to be a bit spoilt when I [HI]bite in to my egg sarny and manage to spray my clean shirt with egg yoke[/HI] !! :cry:

Aint worried about the shirt you understand ( gotta give woman something to moan about / do ) but am more than miffed at the waste of the egg !!!

Jill always calls a fried egg sarnie a Banjo because, after spraying, you hold the sarnie out with your left hand whilst brushing yolk off your shirt with your right :roflmto:

JJ puts his egg on fried bread instead of in a sarnie, of course, because being a City fan he's too used to seeing egg on faces :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
A culinary delight !

... your fried egg yolk breaks before you place it on top of your[HI] fried bread?[/HI]

The perfect fried bread !!!!:Cool::Cool::Cool:

As you all know, goose or duck fat is slightly runny unless kept in the fridge !

So, spread aforementioned fat (either kind) on the bread and then grill it to your desired crispness !..........Beef dripping is a splendid alternative (Southern Jessies don't know what dripping is...:Doh:)

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Over easy for me JJ, it don't matter that much - [HI]there are more important things in life than a broken egg [/HI]:Cool:

[HI]
Phillistine!
[/HI]

JJ,
Egg breaks whilst being placed on the fried bread?
You will cut the egg and allow the runny yolk to soak into said fried bread?
In that case....no.
End result is the same.

RE Fried eggs being a no no........If it ain't fried or in a pie, it ain't food.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
Yukkkkk !!!

[HI]
Phillistine!
[/HI]

JJ,
[HI]Egg breaks whilst being placed on the fried bread?[/HI]
You will cut the egg and allow the runny yolk to soak into said fried bread?
In that case....no.
End result is the same.

RE Fried eggs being a no no........If it ain't fried or in a pie, it ain't food.

Very similar to a debatable fried food known as eggy bread ! In my opinion, a crime against nature, utterly disgusting !:cry::cry::cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back