over cab ladder fixings (1 Viewer)

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Where do you keep your ladder for the overcab bed? When I got the van the ladder was up on the overcab bed and I never really questioned this before but was wondering is this normal because I have just realised there is an area near the door where it probably could be attached which would make life a lot easier. Can anyone recommend the right type of fixing, if this is an acceptable solution, to having to climb on steps to get the steps:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
Where do you keep your ladder? When I got the van the ladder was up on the overcab bed and I never really questioned this before but was wondering is this normal because I have just realised there is an area near the door where it probably could be attached which would make life a lot easier. Can anyone recommend the right type of fixing, if this is an acceptable solution, to having to climb on steps to get the steps:ROFLMAO:
In our van when you lift the bed there is a zip pocket underneath it with clips that secure the ladders

Bill

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
I just ditched the steps, she gets on all fours and i just step up, its bugger waking her up during the night when i have to get out though.:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
ours just gets chucked on the bed.
if you have room somewhere else for it then maybe velcro straps or just bungees should hold it in place.
or you could go for some hooks to hang it on.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I use our ladder to climb up on the roof, where she lets me sleep.............:cry:

OP
OP
Lucky one
Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Cheers Andy never thought about Velcro but that would probably work ok. It wouldn't rattle about like if it was hung on hooks. :thumb:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
just another thing with over cab ladders ours is aluminium so bloody cold on the feet so i got some of those seat belt pads and put 1 on each rung certainly makes it nicer on the feet.:thumb:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
i got some of those seat belt pads and put 1 on each rung certainly makes it nicer on the feet.:thumb:

:Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh:

I thought Funsters were a hardy crew.!!!! You will have a dressing gown next like them French blokes.. AND NICE SLIPPERS !!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
:Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh:

I thought Funsters were a hardy crew.!!!! You will have a dressing gown next like them French blokes.. AND NICE SLIPPERS !!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

SLIPPERS Bloomin SLIPPERS if i had slippers i wouldn't need the seatbelt pads :Doh::Doh::Doh:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We ditched our step ladder - rungs were too narrow and uncomfortable, and didn't feel safe getting down them in the middle of the night, half asleep (him, not me....). We bought a step up thing with three broad treads - much safer to use and it lives on top the bed when not in use. Can let you know the name of it if you're interested.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Both ours live on the respective beds.. dinna see the point of anything more complicated !!

If we are in the beds, they are in their place of work ( so to speak ), if we are out of bed, there is plenty of room on said beds for the ladders

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
The over cab bed on my Exsis MUST have the ladder attached to give support to the bed.
The storage is alongside the mattress on the bed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back