LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Hi again, we are totally amazed at the lack of response to our Hymer Tramp 514GT inquiry we made on the forum yesterday.
We expected that someone might know something about this 2006 build, we have looked on the net, but only found one German forum which had a brief mention.
So do we go it alone, it looks good, its well maintained, except 7 year old tyres, would change these, the kit is good, also the price is OK.
If this vehicle had any major issues in the past, we would like to know, this is why we asked on the forum yesterday, there must be someone out there, a friend of a friend maybe. If all else fails can somebody make something up, saying This little GEM is a bargain which should not be missed, a bargain it isn't, a good looking unit it is, but a second opinion would help.::bigsmile:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Boo Hoo !!

Hi again, we are totally amazed at the[HI] lack of response [/HI]to our Hymer Tramp 514GT inquiry we made on the forum yesterday.
We expected that someone might know something about this 2006 build, we have looked on the net, but only found one German forum which had a brief mention.
So do we go it alone, it looks good, its well maintained, except 7 year old tyres, would change these, the kit is good, also the price is OK.
If this vehicle had any major issues in the past, we would like to know, this is why we asked on the forum yesterday, there must be someone out there, a friend of a friend maybe. If all else fails can somebody make something up, saying This little GEM is a bargain which should not be missed, a bargain it isn't, a good looking unit it is, but a second opinion would help.::bigsmile:

I know the feeling ..You didn't vote in my poll...:cry::cry::cry:

I know nowt about Hymers as well !:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi again, we are totally amazed at the lack of response to our Hymer Tramp 514GT inquiry we made on the forum yesterday.

Try bumping your post up on Monday as believe bit or not a lot of members own Motorhomes and use them at the weekends, or ask a more general question along the lines of anyone have info on hymer coach built. Only a suggestion.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
The Tramp was never imported, hence the lack of UK experiences of the model.:Smile:

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
This little GEM is a bargain which should not be missed.
Hope you feel better now::bigsmile:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Is that not a wee bit harsh? :winky:

I've only just seen the post, and although I may be able to help with "E" class or "B" class Hymers, I know absolutely nothing about the Hymer Tramp, other than it is a coach built MH, rather than an A class. If you were asking about equipment installed within, there would have been many responses.

Re the purchase, if in doubt, bale out. :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Now if you had asked a question about politics, illegal immigrants, child molesters, gypsies, or benefit cheats or the Daily Mail you would have been inundated with replies. Next time put "Illegal immigrants are all child molesting gypsies working for the BBC says the Daily Mail" as your heading and you will need a full time typist replying to the replies. :winky:

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
I no nothing about this particular model but being a hymer I would imagine very good, but getting spares for it I don't know, surely there are 1000's of other mhs to choose from rather than getting something that no one knows anything about, but if you have not already seen it here is a quick vid of it so others can see it as well and maybe comment on Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzMavc2AUXM"]Kampeerauto te koop: HYMER TRAMP 514 GT SILVER 136 PK. - YouTube[/ame]

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I looked up the model just after you posted and found nothing UK based.
Could have commented BUT to post and say that I knew nothing about it and waste your time and mine, what was the point ??

And now you give me grief for it.. :cry::cry::cry::

:Doh::Doh:

However..
This little GEM is a bargain which should not be missed

Last edited:

WAG2CRU

Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012
It's a Hymer so it should be ok, if its on a Fiat, enter the chassis number on the Fiat pro web site to see if there are any outstanding re calls. Hymer did have some quality issues around 2006/7 so an up to date Habitation and damp check would be advisable. Try reversing it up hill.
Check to see if it has a full set of warranty stickers in the hand book.
Then if it all checks out ok and your happy with it:thumb:

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Goodness me, its a shame you are "totally amazed" as to the lack of response within a whole 24 hours relating to a motorhome which was never officially imported into the UK:Eeek:

1. Its haltfterm and many people are otherwise occupied/ travelling.

2. People go out on weekends especially those who like to use their motorhomes, so perhaps a bit precipitate to moan at the lack of response :Eeek:

3. this site is not dedicated to Hymers, it is a motorhome forum - so many different makes and types of motorhome. Not so many, it seems, own the model you want to know about as it is a Euro model........how about asking on a Hymer forum?

4. The internet is not necessarily an instant response medium - people do have real lives away from sitting next to keyboards desperately awaiting questions to answer. Try being a bit more patient. :Eeek:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Have a word with Peter at Hambilton Engineering - he might be able to help

Link Removed

or Nick Legg at

Link Removed

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years

May be it would be more helpful to you and others if you said what base vehicle it is based on ,most of the Hymers are pretty well built but I can remember having one come in around 2006 -07 that had a distorted and split side panel above the habitation door but this was one of the larger models,

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
Now if you had asked a question about politics, illegal immigrants, child molesters, gypsies, or benefit cheats or the Daily Mail you would have been inundated with replies. Next time put "Illegal immigrants are all child molesting gypsies working for the BBC says the Daily Mail" as your heading and you will need a full time typist replying to the replies. :winky:

You are right. Thanks for the reminder!
See :-http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2477783/Greek-police-investigating-disappearance-British-toddler-Ben-Needham-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-disappearance-British-toddler-Ben-Needham-

To be serious, I do not know anything about this Hymer model, sorry.

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Jumar sorry for delay in response best you purchase van and give a good 6 months trial and then report back on forum :thumb: this way you will have acquired all the knowledge and be in a better position of others to pass on your opinion of this vehicle type.
nothing ventured nothing gained.

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Hi and thanks to all of you who responded, hope I havent offended any fellow Funsters, getting up this morning too early caused my fingers and brain to malfunction , however the response has been what wanted, its answered some of my questions.
I am going to test drive it tomorrow, give it a good looking over, check the service schedule and if all goes well make an offer. Thanks again to all who posted, all has been taken on board. you are such a great bunch.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back