LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi all,I posted this on the other side, and thought I may get some different reply's here ::bigsmile:
I am thinking of respraying the van and possibly the colour from white.Has anyone seen or has a van that they liked the colour of ? suggestion's please ?
I have seen a burgundy/silver van that caught my eye but SWMBO says no! also a silver one but again no,anyone with any pics would be great but if not it will have to be white again Nothing too complicated as I will have to spray this on a nice calm sunny day on my drive as I cannot fit the van into my garage
terry

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
All the latest strong colours look awful. White takes some beating, however I think the grey/sliver that swift are using on some models (Bolero?) looks great:thumb:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
So do I Jim, have an 08 Swift Kon-Tiki in at work - wow stunning !:thumb:::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
You could go totally "off the wall"...... why be the same as everyone else? :roflmto:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Hi all,I posted this on the other side, and thought I may get some different reply's here ::bigsmile:
I am thinking of respraying the van and possibly the colour from white.Has anyone seen or has a van that they liked the colour of ? suggestion's please ?
Go for a basic white thats in plentiful supply, easily available and common.

Fancy shades and colours or metallics look nice......until you have to blow out some scratches or refit and match up a new body panel. Your smart van with its fancy colour scheme then ends up looking a messy bodge job......unless you are a professional/skilled bodyworker?

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Go for a basic white thats in plentiful supply, easily available and common.

Fancy shades and colours or metallics look nice......until you have to blow out some scratches or refit and match up a new body panel. Your smart van with its fancy colour scheme then ends up looking a messy bodge job......unless you are a professional/skilled bodyworker?

:ROFLMAO: you sure my wifes not paying you to say this :ROFLMAO:
SWMBO is adamant that it's staying white :ROFLMAO: I fancy all silver or silver pans same as the Swifts, but then again I put on some what I thought nice grapics when I first did her,only to be told change them as I pulled her onto the drive :Blush: It lasted 1 day :ROFLMAO::cry: And NO Linda deffo NO :ROFLMAO:
terry

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
como green, black and brown so you can hide whilst wild camping
aw why not pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
como green, black and brown so you can hide whilst wild camping
aw why not pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:ROFLMAO: I did buy a tranny Murvi and sold it to my brother 2 days later (after taking out the propex heater) and he had it camoflarged (?) It also had MOD as the last 3 letters on the number plate,it looked great but somhow do not think it will suit "Alice" :ROFLMAO:
terry

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
How about this:

Link Removed

(Shamelessly ripped from Link Removed
daughter of the billym family)

It works for me! :thumb:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
:ROFLMAO: you sure my wifes not paying you to say this :ROFLMAO:
SWMBO is adamant that it's staying white :ROFLMAO:
terry
LOL......no Terry, but she sounds like a woman with some plain common sense thinking. :thumb:

What is it you want? Pretty or Practical?
Doesn't take much to figure out.

Fancy trim fancy paint = expensive to do, expensive to re-touch, expensive if damaged. Pretty to look at but an absolute pain in the rear to care for.

Practical paint colour = easy to DIY, easy to re-touch any marks, and cheap. OK it might look a bit bland and just the same as every other van on the road.....but that also means it doesn't attract unwanted attention.

If you don't want white, go for a cream or beige like 'roverman'.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I thought you guys would back me up on this :ROFLMAO::roflmto::Smile: It looks like most are agreeing with the boss, and Alice will remain white :Blush::cry: No big deal just thought somone may have seen/have a nice colourfull van out there :ROFLMAO: I will have to see what grapics I can come up with :ROFLMAO: but hope they last longer than the ones before the present ones (1 day):ROFLMAO: or as SWMBO says they will remain the same:Eeek::ROFLMAO:
terry

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Sorry to disagree but for me it would be any colur Except White:winky:

Whites boring bland and the same as everyone else, mines white but I'd lve to change itto full body paint. If I thought I was going to keep it I'd have it sprayed especially as I have a mate who sprays commercial vehicles.

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Choose white if you want to look like everyone else, attract thieving scumbags, and show off your blackstreaks :ROFLMAO:

Link Removed

::bigsmile:
Keith

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:thumb: That's more like it Keith :thumb: any pics of a side veiw ? it may help perswade her ::bigsmile: Alls not lost yet :thumb:
terry

Lampie

Free Member
Nov 2, 2007
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
great photo where was that taken.

Lampie

W

Wilbury

Deleted User
I have seen a burgundy/silver van that caught my eye but SWMBO says no! also a silver one but again no,anyone with any pics would be great but if not it will have to be white again Nothing too complicated as I will have to spray this on a nice calm sunny day on my drive as I cannot fit the van into my garage
terry

Hi terry,
How about something based on "rustic" colouring. I do not think there is anything worse than the appearence of the average site with all those jarring white things lined up.
It is totally at variance with the countryside atmosphere.
Wilbury

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back