Free Member
Aug 31, 2013
cheshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
12 years
Hi just wondered ,Ive 2 got 6 kg propane metal heavy ones ,and I nearly change them to the new light weight ones but the place I was getting them from said I would be better staying the heavy ones for safety ,cheers :thumb: any answer pleased on this matter

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
All gas bottles are safe to use otherwise they would not make them????? I have the Alugas bottles 2 x 11kg and are as safe as any other bottle (German made) but are as light as a feather almost unbelievable how light they are, you can actually lift them with 1 finger when empty but very strong, good to use with the outside LPG filling system and LPG can be found in most countries now so so easy, but expensive to start with but very worthwhile, never have to lug another gas bottle in or out of locker, just fill up at any LPG pump that you find in gge's. Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
total rubish no issue with safety. but as said above the light bottles are around £2 dearer each refil. but the bottle is half the weight so you would save approx 9kgs in weight.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Don't know about safety but the Calor Lite bottles are dearer - every time.

Yes, it irks me that having been told that the Calor Lite bottles would be replacing the standard ones I am now paying quite a bit more each time I refil the Lite cylinder than when I replace my other one but just for the same amount of gas! :Doh:

Wyn

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Why are Calor lite bottles dearer to fill than the normal Calor ones?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Why are Calor lite bottles dearer to fill than the normal Calor ones?

someone has to pay for research, design and manufacture and what easier way than increase the cost of exchanging.

another money making scam by Calor when you consider the initial, slightly higher, cost of manufacture verses the profit of ongoing refills at £2 extra for years to come.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
dont cost anymore to refill them though .
you can see the level on some . ha ha .

OP
OP
pegleg

pegleg

Free Member
Aug 31, 2013
cheshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
12 years
Thanks

Cheers for the replay about the safety ,has next time Ill change for the litter ones got to watch the weight nowadays cos ive got extra weight:Sad: lol:ROFLMAO:

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
The truth may have been that the dealer you went to didn't have any lights, they have been in very short supply this year to the extent that I was told Calor stopped dealers exchanging heavies for lights through the summer and also 13kg for lights. Maybe your dealer didn't want to lose a sale especially as for some the small bottle season is over, it's all 13 KG for domestic heater use through the winter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back