Oct 24, 2013
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi everyone,

New here and need some advice, I have just bought an Autohomes Wayfinder and need to buy a gas bottle. The compartment is 54cm inside height, I have looked at a 6kg bottle which is 49.5cm in height. That would only leave 4.5cm above the bottle, is that normal? Is there such a thing as a 'normal' size bottle for motorhomes?

Thanks in advance

Paul :thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
normal size.....No.

some vans can accomodate a 2 x 15kg bottles whereas others may only take 1 x 6kg and 1 x 15kg or 2 x 6kg

many panel van conversions will only take 1 x 6kg.

getting bottles through the door can be a juggling act as the compartment may be tall but the door is short.

Dec 6, 2011
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Ducato Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2011
Hi everyone,

New here and need some advice, I have just bought an Autohomes Wayfinder and need to buy a gas bottle. The compartment is 54cm inside height, I have looked at a 6kg bottle which is 49.5cm in height. That would only leave 4.5cm above the bottle, is that normal? Is there such a thing as a 'normal' size bottle for motorhomes?

Thanks in advance

Paul :thumb:

Paul. When you decide what size bottle you need go to your local recycling depot or Council dump and get a bottle there, then exchange that at the propane retailer then you will only pay for the gas and not a hefty deposit on the bottle

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back