Huffy

Free Member
Oct 20, 2013
England
Funster No
MH
Lowline MH
Exp
Can anyone advise me. I have a 2011 Bolero although I doubt if the model matters much in this case. For 2 years I have had a rear view by manual selection whilst in forward motion and of course rear view automatically when engaging reverse. I also have not had radio reception when on the move. Last month after 2 years of trying to fix the radio the dealer discovered that the rear view monitor was to blame and fitted a new one. Great radio now OK. No not so great I have now lost rear view in forward motion, OK in reverse of course. If I switch on the monitor all I get is a blue screen and the message no signal. The dealer claims that this is correct but the two owners I have so far asked tell me that they do have rear view in forward gears, as I did for 2 years. Any owners advice or how theirs work would be most helpful before I challenge the dealer. Thanking all in anticipation.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Can anyone advise me. I have a 2011 Bolero although I doubt if the model matters much in this case. For 2 years I have had a rear view by manual selection whilst in forward motion and of course rear view automatically when engaging reverse. I also have not had radio reception when on the move. Last month after 2 years of trying to fix the radio the dealer discovered that the rear view monitor was to blame and fitted a new one. Great radio now OK. No not so great I have now lost rear view in forward motion, OK in reverse of course. If I switch on the monitor all I get is a blue screen and the message no signal. The dealer claims that this is correct but the two owners I have so far asked tell me that they do have rear view in forward gears, as I did for 2 years. Any owners advice or how theirs work would be most helpful before I challenge the dealer. Thanking all in anticipation.

Hi I have a Bessacarr E480, same maker Swift, my camera works both on forward travel and reverse , no probs with the radio. Pete :thumb:

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
We a have Autorcruise Stardream - camera works when in either forward or reverse gear. Radio also works when in either forward or reverse gear:roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
mine is straight off my battery so when the ignition on so's me camera i switch it off when it suits me and radio ok

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp

they haven't wired the video connection from the camera to the display:Cool:

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Rear View Camera and rubbish radio reception

Changed our Autocruise Stardream to a Autotrail Savannah a few months ago. Unlike the Autocruise, it would seem that the Autotrail reversing camera only works when reverse gear is selected. Given that we don't have a rear window in the Autotrail I would really like to be able to see what's happening behind when driving forward. Is there any way that the camera can be modified to provide a rear view when in forward gear?

Also we have terrible radio reception when on the move - is this normal on Fiat Ducato cabs (previous van was a Peugeot Boxer cab and radio worked perfectly).

FM02MZO

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
30 years caravan, 2 year motorhome
Forget your dealer.
Sargent Electrical make the system for Swift, you can contact them via their web page and you will find them very helpful indeed

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
When I had my twin camera fitted I stopped the guy connecting it to the gearbox and asked him to put it on a dashboard rocker switch, he was pleased less work and can change whenever I want in particular checking the hitch/trailer whilst travelling. perfik
Dave

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
The standard way to wire a reverse camera is to take it's power from the reverse light switch as per the instructions, so that it comes on automatically and switches on when reverse gear is selected.

Doesn't have to be done that way though, you can take power from any convenient 12V source then it will work all the time, mine does.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
mine is visible via the sat nav page on the pioneer unit fitted in mine driving forwards.
but only looks down the rear of the van so it only sees about 5 feet behind so i fitted a second system that looks further back. a bit like those dual cameras but nearly a quarter of the cost.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
[HI]they haven't wired the video connection from the camera to the display[/HI]:Cool:

Most likely reason IMHO.

When I had my twin camera fitted I stopped the guy connecting it to the gearbox and asked him to put it on a dashboard rocker switch, he was pleased less work and can change whenever I want in particular checking the hitch/trailer whilst travelling. perfik
Dave

I also have twin cameras. Normal view is straight back, defaults to looking down when reverse engaged. I have also put a rocker switch inline so I switch it out and can reverse on either.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back