Tv abroad via internet (1 Viewer)

May 1, 2009
SOUTH WOODHAM FERRERS
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Now at Costa del Sol and Oyster 3 has stopped working.The sites have wi fi and it seems you can stream UK tv through some pay web sites.Does anyone have experience of these and recommend one from the many after our business.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi im sure someone else will be along with more info, i think if you download a proxy server then you can watch bbc i player and other UK channels as far as im aware the proxy server hides where you are.

Hope this helps

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
It must be free because my mate has been using it for two years and he is so tight. I know you can purchase a devise to plug into your telly to receive the picture from your laptop. BUSBY::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
You can try Filmon which is free but they keep getting challenged in court

Mike

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
i think filmon are still running and get most channels u need on there

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Link Removed

Should work fine I think (and is free and legal)

Edit: Just checked and UK only. Would work through a proxy.

Last edited:

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Get two people watching films/tv over wifi or 3g and anyone else on the same site will get no usable bandwidth. :Doh::cry:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Now at Costa del Sol and Oyster 3 has stopped working.The sites have wi fi and it seems you can stream UK tv through some pay web sites.Does anyone have experience of these and recommend one from the many after our business.

The biggest problem is the quality of the B/band. If the MH site has a good download speed then you should have no problem, however anything around 2Mb download and you can forget it. If 3 or 4 or 5 MH owners are trying to watch Filmon etc on the same network 2Mb will fall over and you will get freezing.

We have a MiFi dongle, which in most cases gets 5Mb or better download and using good sim (with loads of download allowance, ours costs 3 euros a day for unlimited download) can watch internet TV ( IPTV ) without problem. This we use if the MH site has poor or over used B/band.

By using a ( hide my IP address system (google it) ) we can watch BBC iPlayer, ITV Player and NetFlix as required without problem.

There are MH owners who think it is their God given right to use the sites B/Band to download movies, music and use internet TV ALL at the same time, NOT giving a dame for the rest of the site, because they paid for the service!!!!!

Last edited:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
It really is a very anti-social thing to do with site wifi as it means no-one can even read their emails for inconsiderate people. If you must do it use your own mifi or similar

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
It really is a very anti-social thing to do with site wifi as it means no-one can even read their emails for inconsiderate people. If you must do it use your own mifi or similar

I have no doubt that members on this forum will read this and perhaps think ???? next time they are bashing the free wifi on a MH site, however you have little or no change in the big wide world as most don't give a poo........... It would be so easy to stop at the router end, but most site do not have a clue...

The MiFi and the iBoost system I have is the No1 buy in our MH as we can watch what we want ( I have a MAG 250 IPTV box, which works a treat with the MiFi ). The Sat dish was No1 until the big bang!!!!! change over, but thats another thread.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Most of the time in Spain we have the 1.2 dish up and working for the TV, or where available plugged into the site TV point, using the laptop for the usual bits and pieces, and have not found any problems with the site WiFi getting on to do what we wanted to do. Pete

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
There are people who use it on the site we go to down the bottom of Spain during the winter..

Dunno who it is and no one will admit to it, but everyone knows when it is happening cos everything slows right down.. In fact lord only knows what they watch but they must be quite happy with watching something in fits and starts and constant spooling !!! :Doh:

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
TV

Sometimes, you need a British ISP to be able to view such catch up type things. Same for when you try to play the National Lottery on line - the Lottery knows you are overseas, so the solution is to use an alternative ISP

Google "security kiss tunnel" and you can pick a UK ISP from the list.

There are down load limits on the free versions, but OK for "this and that"

Russell

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
It must be free because my mate has been using it for two years and he is so tight. I know you can purchase a devise to plug into your telly to receive the picture from your laptop. BUSBY::bigsmile:

Would that be a cable? :Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back