Hi can anyone tell me if you can use satnav in Ireland we have tom tom

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Yes, provided your navigator has the mapping, we used our Garmin in ROI earlier this year.
It's great over there, very friendly people, nice ale, but sites a touch expensive .
Enjoy :thumb:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
No problem in NI but there are no post codes in the South

They are developing them of sorts -- in a very Irish sort of way - it appears they are giving all the roads a number and you will see some of these new sign boards in your travels - the problem is they have not finished the job yet - no one knows when it will be finished - The posties have no idea how it will work and could not care less as they have never needed it. So they are currently no use to anyone apart from giving people a job :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Beware when you ask the locals for directions they will always identify by the pubs i.e. turn left at the Swan turn right at the Stag take the 4th left after the Dog and Duck. The most confusing direction we had from one chap was to go down the road until you get to the Ship then turn around and take the second on the left cause I can never remember how many roads there are between here and the Ship so I always do it that way.:Eeek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Brilliant country full of great people with a lovely sense of humour. Good food and good beer. As Larry said expensive sites.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back