Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
Just had the e- mail for the 2014 ACSI.I am having problems with getting the payment through.I am assuming that everyone has got the e-mail and that the server cannot cope?:Doh:

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Don't know if it's already been mentioned here that there is a fourth ACSI price band next year - €18, in addition to €12, €14 & €16.

Mike

kglblue

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
St.Agnes Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
6 years
Is it worth it?

We toured France and Belgium this year, first trip outside U.K. in our mh. We had a wonderful two months and got to grips with the aires, so much cheaper than Blighty. When we went to campsites, private and municipal, we were asked if we had an ACSI card. We have a rough idea of what it is, is it worth it and will we save money? We plan to tour in Europe for 4 months in 2014. We are a retired couple who have a budget to keep to. We are undecided as to whether to shell out for this card.
In 2015, we may, probably will, rent out our house for a year and tour as much of Europe as we can, we love the life. To ACSI or not, help!
Regards to all
Anne and Ken.
X

OP
OP
JOHNSTEY

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We toured France and Belgium this year, first trip outside U.K. in our mh. We had a wonderful two months and got to grips with the aires, so much cheaper than Blighty. When we went to campsites, private and municipal, we were asked if we had an ACSI card. We have a rough idea of what it is, is it worth it and will we save money? We plan to tour in Europe for 4 months in 2014. We are a retired couple who have a budget to keep to. We are undecided as to whether to shell out for this card.
In 2015, we may, probably will, rent out our house for a year and tour as much of Europe as we can, we love the life. To ACSI or not, help!
Regards to all
Anne and Ken.
X

We have used it extensively abroad and it has saved us a lot of money.All the sites are of good quality and you can get some real bargains.The key thing is you must use it out of the main season so great from Sept to May or some sites even June.Highly recommend:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Regards to all
Anne and Ken.
X

Have ordered ours again, it's just £14.50 pa, can save that in a couple of days camping :thumb:

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
Is it possible that you have had a new debit card in the past year and they cannot take the payment on your old card number

OP
OP
JOHNSTEY

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Is it possible that you have had a new debit card in the past year and they cannot take the payment on your old card number

All sorted now thanks.Must have been a website blip! clearly nothing to do with any inadequacy on my side!:ROFLMAO:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
The DVD is also very useful when planning routes, all the info and more than in the books and operates without internet on laptop :thumb:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
The DVD is also very useful when planning routes, all the info and more than in the books and operates without internet on laptop :thumb:

i strongly agree i buy this every second year its a great tool and much easier than the book to find a site and you get a huge amount of info including photos of the site,:thumb:

malheg

Free Member
May 28, 2008
Coppull (Chorley)
Funster No
MH
Campervan (Alphard)
Exp
12 yrs
ACSI

We use the ACSI book, but as we stay abroad over Winter the 2013 runs out in December,
and because we left the UK before the 2014 book is published. We are stuck.
Is it not better rather than run for a calendar year, to run over the low season,
say Oct to April.
Or am I missing something.:Sad:

Malc

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We use the ACSI book, but as we stay abroad over Winter the 2013 runs out in December,
and because we left the UK before the 2014 book is published. We are stuck.
Is it not better rather than run for a calendar year, to run over the low season,
say Oct to April.
Or am I missing something.:Sad:

Malc

Perhaps better to run peak to peak season as this is when it is least useful :Smile:

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
i strongly agree i buy this every second year its a great tool and much easier than the book to find a site and you get a huge amount of info including photos of the site,:thumb:

If you use a Sat Nav that will accept added POIs (Points of Interest), it is also worth downloading them. We found ours very useful to navigate straight to an ACSI site rather than having to use the Latitude/Longitude co-ordinates in the ACSI book. We use a Tom Tom and found the POIs through Tom Tom Home.

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Perhaps better to run peak to peak season as this is when it is least useful :Smile:

Yes, I agree with that. Their timing seems silly.

They will send it to another address and there's a facility on their website to change the delivery address, so we'll get ours sent to a friend in Spain.

kglblue

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
St.Agnes Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
6 years
Acsi

:roflmto::roflmto:Ordered a card via vicarious yesterday, thanks to all who read my post and gave good advice. I can't wait for next April when we go off to France, Luxembourg and Belgium again, this time for 2 months and in September for another 2 months. Buying the motor home is the best thing we ever did, I just love it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back