The French route is to be announced on 23rd. October !!:Cool:

Time to start planning all you veloists !!..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
T'Tour

Having friends with OCD (obsessive cycling disorder) who are motorhomers,we have booked a site near Harrogate at the beginning of the year when the cycling 'comics' announced it,
Now the hotels and guesthouses are already getting full and at increased rates! Some sites are doing the same.
There are some pubs on the route who are providing space,The Station Inn at Ribbleheadhttp://www.thestationinn.net/camping_caravans.asp is one as well as the Dog and Partridge http://www.dogandpartridgeinn.co.uk/
There are some laybys on that route but you may have to go the week before to secure a place.
It has been hijacked by the British Tourist Board who are trying to play down the Yorkshire connection,but that's typical of a Londoncentric body Bs:Angry:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Street Head Caravan site, behind the Street Head Inn must be on the route from Kettlewell to Aysgarth. Had a static here for 30 years... They are advertising it on their site... good place to see it I guess!

Catherine

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
I think it could get a bit busy in Yorkshire so we are going to hop over to France to watch it where there is more space :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Actually we will already be over there enjoying our first year of early retirement as we are beginning our big adventure in March! ::bigsmile:

scottie58

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
berks
Funster No
MH
A class
we are also off on a years adventure starting 1st march! Skiing to start, plan to spend a week following the tour in France. Time trial and at least one mountain stage for us! Can't wait - taking early retirement Dec 31st. late "gap" year......:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
we are also off on a years adventure starting 1st march! Skiing to start, plan to spend a week following the tour in France. Time trial and at least one mountain stage for us! Can't wait - taking early retirement Dec 31st. late "gap" year......:Smile:

Excellent, hopefully we'll bump in to you. We did it this year for the first time and the atmosphere was incredible. We did the Pyrenees and Tours. We are going to spend the next few years cycling and touring Europe, can't wait!::bigsmile:

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
The route for the start in Yorkshire is now online...:thumb:

The French route is to be announced on 23rd. October !!:Cool:

Time to start planning all you veloists !!..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It was announced in the local paper Harrogate advertiser a couple of weeks ago that planning restrictions will be waved for a month over the TOUR period and anyone with available land will be able to allow camping and parking. That may help to keep prices a bit lower.

I understand CC have been looking at one site to take a couple of hundred units so keep your eyes open.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
It was announced in the local paper Harrogate advertiser a couple of weeks ago that planning restrictions will be waved for a month over the TOUR period and anyone with available land will be able to allow camping and parking. That may help to keep prices a bit lower.

I understand CC have been looking at one site to take a couple of hundred units so keep your eyes open.
I fail to see how local councils can waive planning restrictions covered by the camping and caravaning act (a parliamentary act not a local one)
Answers please from local planners.:RollEyes::RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back