Motorhome storage southern Spain . (1 Viewer)

Jim and Lorraine

Free Member
Nov 10, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi all,

I would be grateful for your opinions, experience and information.

For the last 7 years we have stored our unit in Camping Los Gallardos, near Mojacar in Almeria. The closest airport to the site from Scotland was Murcia but as most budget airlines don't fly there in the winter, we need to fly to Alicante and have an expensive one way car hire fee.

Do any Funsters know of any secure storage near Malaga?, as the public transport is far superior!

I would prefer on site storage I.E in a compound on a camp site as this is what I have at Camping Los Gallardos. we have seen Malaga Monte Parc but you store on the pitch which means all visitors can snoop around your unit.

Thanks in anticipation

Jim

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000

DO NOT FOLLOW THIS MAN ANYWHERE !!! :Doh:

Bill, he wants MALAGA.. :winky:

I used this back in feb 2013 when we came back for 4 days..
Link Removed

From memory it was about 25 euro BUT Bloody taxi there and back cost me €35-40 rip off taxis !!!
It was a bit rough and ready, like most in Spain.

I did enquire with Camping Torromolinos and they did some storage and there is a train station not far away that goes to the airport.
Did not get to try that one but may try and check it out next time I am down there..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I haven't used this place, but saw it mentioned earlier in the year on another forum and took a note of the details because I thought it sounded interesting: Broken Link Removed

Here's another one: Broken Link Removed

And I'm not sure if this company will take motorhomes, but might be worth checking: http://carparkingatmalagaairport.es/

Mike

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
DO NOT FOLLOW THIS MAN ANYWHERE !!! :Doh:

[HI]Bill, he wants MALAGA.. :winky:[/HI]

I used this back in feb 2013 when we came back for 4 days..
Link Removed

From memory it was about 25 euro BUT Bloody taxi there and back cost me €35-40 rip off taxis !!!
It was a bit rough and ready, like most in Spain.

I did enquire with Camping Torromolinos and they did some storage and there is a train station not far away that goes to the airport.
Did not get to try that one but may try and check it out next time I am down there..

lol anyone want me as a guide around southern spain

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi cant give you the name of the place but if you were to walk to the sea right out of the malaga airport road direct . there is a place down there that stores and keeps motor homes there . its between the n340 and the ap7 roads . not far from the leroy merlin shop .
inland from guadalmar.
you could walk to the airport easily i would say .

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
hi cant give you the name of the place but if you were to walk to the sea right out of the malaga airport road direct . there is a place down there that stores and keeps motor homes there . its between the n340 and the ap7 roads . not far from the leroy merlin shop .
inland from guadalmar.
you could walk to the airport easily i would say .

Could it be this one ??

http://www.directairportparking.com/

If any Funsters are passing by this area and have time to go check it out, it would be appreciated...
I wont be down there until January..

Last edited:

Arnica

Free Member
Oct 4, 2013
Bolton le Sands Carnforth
Funster No
MH
Geist Touring 652 C Class
Exp
Nine years
Try This One

Hi all,

I would be grateful for your opinions, experience and information.

For the last 7 years we have stored our unit in Camping Los Gallardos, near Mojacar in Almeria. The closest airport to the site from Scotland was Murcia but as most budget airlines don't fly there in the winter, we need to fly to Alicante and have an expensive one way car hire fee.

Do any Funsters know of any secure storage near Malaga?, as the public transport is far superior!

I would prefer on site storage I.E in a compound on a camp site as this is what I have at Camping Los Gallardos. we have seen Malaga Monte Parc but you store on the pitch which means all visitors can snoop around your unit.

Thanks in anticipation

Jim[/QUOTE

Link Removed

Used them a couple of years ago, something like 2 bucks a day up front. Ten mins to airport, they will take you there during working hours.
Large dusty area with Caravans and Motorhomes stored with a 24hour guardian.
Allow you to stay night, electricity if you require it (charge) for both. Servicing facilities.
Are contactable on Skype,English speaking.
In a word - A OK. :Smile:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Could it be this one ??

http://www.directairportparking.com/

If any Funsters are passing by this area and have time to go check it out, it would be appreciated...
I wont be down there until January..

hi no. its an open compound .its on carretera guadamar. on the lefty as you are headfing to the sea . i found it on street view but as i,m not very good on these puters cant give you more info. its got loads of m,homes caravans cars etc its a proper guarded carpark area .

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
hi no. its an open compound .its on carretera guadamar. on the lefty as you are headfing to the sea . i found it on street view but as i,m not very good on these puters cant give you more info. its got loads of m,homes caravans cars etc its a proper guarded carpark area .

I wonder if this is it? Parking Baez see Google streetview image:

https://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=36.67...oid=EKYppDj4NsmNi-Wb4SqFAA&cbp=12,234.89,,0,0

:thumb:

Edited to add, this location appears to be on the RIGHT as you head towards the sea?

Mike

Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
no .its the other end . down just past the cement truck on left . loads caravans etc .
i could take you if we were there we spend time around that area , some friends live in trucks quite near to the one you looked at . but its further along . but right road .
all good fun.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
other end of road . looking at baez turn left and keep going in street view .parking picassa

my mate has a garage in avenue villa rosa . his white camper and merc breakdown truck are outside his garage . thats how i know it its one street away from him . we go down there daily to get to the beach . his old bus is there and a few other vehicles .

Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
its actually been there years at least 6-7 . i couldnt find it at first it tricked me . its not a field . as you can see its full of vehicles . i know it like the back of my hand but dont know the street names . been interesting . there is a leroy merlin and other stuff just a street away . we have spent lots time around there . had my old axles remachined in a machine shop two doors from my mates garage . theres also a cheap diesel place at san julian . its used by trucks etc . all a bit of a dusty area but industrial estate parking if waiting for friends to fly in to malaga makes it handy as well.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back