jayneandheids

Free Member
Sep 27, 2013
Northants
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Picked up our autotrail apache 700 last weekend. As newbies we were trying to work out everything, so eventually worked out hot water and heating. Couldn't get gas to work, but didn't think it a problem as thought had empty gas cylinder. However fitted new gas tonight and still nor working for cooker, heating or water heater. Tried external BBQ and gas coming through. What am I not doing?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 56
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Have you turned each appliance on, there will be a bank of 4 somewhere inside a cupboard, the tops need to be inline with the pipework.

Mike

Upvote 0

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Daft question, but have you turned the taps on under the false wardrobe floor? One is for the external BBQ point, if its similar to our model. The tap for the fridge I think is in the bottom kitchen cupboard (from memory, it's very wet out there).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome to fun.

Somewhere inside the van there will be some red handles these are the gas valves they could possibly have been turned off. They are normally down low somewhere like under the kitchen sink or like in our last van under the cooker where the pots went.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jayneandheids

Free Member
Sep 27, 2013
Northants
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Thanks for replies, located the isolating valves and they all seem turned on see photo. Any other ideas?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 144
Upvote 0

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hello Jayneandheids
What type of numpty buys a motorhome and doesn't know how to turn the gas on! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::Doh:

I guess the same type of numpty you have already asked for help and they didn't have an answer either :Blush:

Seriously, welcome to the forum and I am sure these guys will have the answer for you soon, I have every faith in them ::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I know you said the BBq point worked so this might be wrong but something in my head remembers this when you connected the bottle did you press the little button on the regular. Just incase your BBq point has been branched off before it.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jayneandheids

Free Member
Sep 27, 2013
Northants
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I turned the valves to the other position (off/ on) and still no gas to cooker etc. really appreciate advice and welcomes to forum::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Have you resolved this yet ??

I have a 2012 apache 700.. If your not sorted i can go check in morning how all the settings should be...
You said you had heating and hot water working ?? was that on electric..?

Upvote 0

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Have you resolved this yet ??

I have a 2012 apache 700.. If your not sorted i can go check in morning how all the settings should be...
You said you had heating and hot water working ?? was that on electric..?

Steve has your van got the secumotion system ? Bob.

Upvote 0
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
With Secumotion it is essential to turn the gas on at the bottle slowly, or the valve will slam shut 'cos it thinks there is a sudden drop in pressure (as in a ruptured pipe in an accident). Then press the button on the valve. It might not be a bad idea to undo the pipe from the bottle to release the pressure and then start again.
If you can get close enough to read what it says on the red taps in the MH it normally has direction of gas flow printed on them, ie which way is off and on.

Just been out and checked mine and yours shown in the picture you posted appear to be in the on position.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jun 7, 2012
TF10 8EP
Funster No
MH
Panelvan selfbuild
Exp
Hi,

Just out of interest is the glass cover on the cooker right back. I had a problem with the gas cooker not working when I took delivery and felt a right numpty whenI realised unless the glass lid is right back the safety valve does not let ignition take place.

Once the gas hobs light it clears any air out of the system and heating and fridge should be ok.

Bob

Upvote 0

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Couldn't get the gas to come through on our van on Marine Parade until Ivy and Sandy (Loujess) checked in the gas locker and pressed in the green button on the regulator, think this is a crash sensor/cut off device, have a look. :Smile:

Upvote 0

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
No.. It's a 2012.. Looking at that pic the regulator does not look the same as the one in your link...

Our vans 2012 and has the same, if she pushes it down and the crash button in on the regulator it WILL work or I will eat my hat.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

Upvote 0

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Did you buy from a dealer? If so, they should have checked and certified all the gas appliances, so everything should work
If you can't resolve it here, give them a call
Allan

Upvote 0
May 3, 2008
North Wales
Funster No
MH
A class Carthago Chic I47
Exp
34 years
Forget the Truma regulator it may be sludged up and is expensive to replace, we had ours taken out and now have the Bronze coloured Gaslow regulator (guaranteed for five years) forget travelling with your heating on Gas, it's safer to put on another jumper or two or get the Mrs to do some heavy breathing you will soon warm up :winky::ROFLMAO::winky:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jayneandheids

Free Member
Sep 27, 2013
Northants
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Thanks everyone for advice. I am picking up tomorrow from storage, so will try everything. If i cannot sort out i have assistance from armytwowheels on hand!!

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Hi.. Sorry I did not do this earlier..
I forgot that i had to do an airport run and go pick family up on route..

I have checked my 700 and yellow tap on the regulator is same position as mine "on" and all the red taps controlling the individual appliances look in the same way.. My taps are under the dinette seat, looking at your pic they seem different..

Upvote 0

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, is the small button on the regulator green, its a job to see in the picture?

When you push the valve down on the pig tail push hard to release the pressure, then if the button is green on the regulator it should push in, ::bigsmile: Bob.

Attachments

• gas.jpg
    gas.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 26
Upvote 0

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks everyone for advice. I am picking up tomorrow from storage, so will try everything. If i cannot sort out i have assistance from armytwowheels on hand!!

Oh goodness, no pressure then! That is like the blind leading the blind but I'll bring the wine and I am sure we will either fix it or blow it up! :Eeek:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back