Windermere? (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
We have found a few places to stay around The Lakes, but we would like somewhere to stay in Windermere or Bowness for one of the nights.

We are visiting a mate who lives there, but the useless git can't think of anywhere ::bigsmile:

We will be having a few shandies so would like somewhere within walking distance.

Cheers :Smile:

bandit

Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
overnight in Bowness

Afternoon yoric,there is a site in Bowness at the bottom end where the big car parks are.cant remember the name,but its in walking distance to the pubs.I hope this helps.:thumb:THE BANDIT

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Afternoon yoric,there is a site in Bowness at the bottom end where the big car parks are.cant remember the name,but its in walking distance to the pubs.I hope this helps.:thumb:THE BANDIT
Smashing :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years

Hi
Braithwaite Fold , it CC Now it's CCC Very handy, Also Fallbarrow about the same distance the other way, we have stayed at the first many times but not the other one. Pete :thumb::thumb:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We have found a few places to stay around The Lakes, but we would like somewhere to stay in Windermere or Bowness for one of the nights.

We are visiting a mate who lives there, but the useless git can't think of anywhere ::bigsmile:

We will be having a few shandies so would like somewhere within walking distance.

Cheers :Smile:

See my post on ccc sites2014 thread::bigsmile:

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Never yet managed to get into Braithwaite, always seems full.
Used to own a lodge at Fallbarrow, 5 mins walk into Bowness plenty of pubs and places to eat, our favourite is Rastellis opposite the cinema, will be in there on thurs night as we now have a lodge at White Cross Bay whicb used to have an area for tourers but no longer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tude

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
bowness

what about the ambleside aire only 4 miles from windermere ???

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I've stayed there a few times, if it is open then it is very convenient for the pubs and fish and chips.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back