Urgent help please re omnistor awning (1 Viewer)

Goldilocks40

Free Member
Sep 18, 2013
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Hi friends
Does anyone know if an Omnistor 5003 awning has a 4mm or a 6mm channel for attaching a porch awning? Am about to order one but need to know if I need figure of 8 tape so will attach, have tried measuring van channel but too difficult to see and Internet and paperwork doesn't say.
cheers
Dawn

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I can't answer the question, but we have just bought a Kampa awning and it fits straight into the rail on our Omnistor

David

OP
OP
Goldilocks40

Goldilocks40

Free Member
Sep 18, 2013
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks David, have just ordered a kampa one too :Smile: going away Friday so not a lot of flex to get tape if needed.
Dawn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The Kampa one that I have comes with two sizes, sewn next to each other so that it will fit 99% of awning channels.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
have just ordered a kampa one too :Smile: going away Friday

I hope it turns up in time, a word of caution, I snagged our new awning pulling it into our Omnistor rail, the opening had a rough finish that I did not spot, worth having a look and maybe use a small round file before you first use to smooth the inside.

David

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
have just ordered a kampa one too :Smile: going away Friday

I hope it turns up in time, a word of caution, I snagged our new awning pulling it into our Omnistor rail, the opening had a rough finish that I did not spot, worth having a look and maybe use a small round file before you first use to smooth the inside.

David
I have been known to rub a bit of Butter in the groove to ease the slide, it also helps if somebody holds the awning up to give a straighter pull. Pete

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I have been known to rub a bit of Butter in the groove to ease the slide, it also helps if somebody holds the awning up to give a straighter pull. Pete

A spray with silicone lube is good and, I have put an eylet in each end of awning 'tape' so that we can attach a strap which Carolyn puts gentle pressure on as I feed awning in ::bigsmile:

One thing I forgot-I have fastened an aluminium awning rail just below our Fiamma awning-this gets porch awning really close to van
Mike

Last edited:

Lindylooj

Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
Weymouth, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Newbie from Oct 2011
Just a quick question on the back of this one, we bought a Kampa and yes as everyone says it will fit both. My question is does anyone have a solution to stop draughts from bottom of van as our Autotrail doesn't have a channel to fit the skirt that came with the awning.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Just a quick question on the back of this one, we bought a Kampa and yes as everyone says it will fit both. My question is does anyone have a solution to stop draughts from bottom of van as our Autotrail doesn't have a channel to fit the skirt that came with the awning.

Er,sorry to say this,but you need to fit a channel or get one fitted ::bigsmile:

Mike

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
One thing I forgot-I have fastened an aluminium awning rail just below our Fiamma awning-this gets porch awning really close to van
Mike[/QUOTE]

Great idea, I am concerned that we might have put some strain on our Omnistor awning, hanging the Kampa from it, even if only extended by a couple of feet. I seem to be having trouble winding it back in now with or without the Kampa awning attached.

David

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Skirt

We put some eyelets in the skirt then bought some small silicone suckers from Jezport they hold it fine.

I think he trades as Parrot-Sol

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years

H
I what I have done on my last two vans was screw a rail underneath your van skirt then run a caravan skirt along best have one a bit longer than your awning so has to rap around the side of the awning to finish off. Pete :thumb:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Peter, do you mean a rail with the channel in?

Yes a aluminium rail they come in a 4mtr length, I think then you cut to fit, they do work well, your van looks level right across so only the rear wheel to miss out, my van is up and down but still works ok with a bit of fiddling about. Pete

Ps
what I do is use a separate step so the leci step can stay in and saves messing about with cutting the skirt.

Last edited:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Yes a aluminium rail they come in a 4mtr length, I think then you cut to fit, they do work well, your van looks level right across so only the rear wheel to miss out, my van is up and down but still works ok with a bit of fiddling about. Pete

Ps
what I do is use a separate step so the leci step can stay in and saves messing about with cutting the skirt.

Any chance of a pic or two Pete-I have put off addressing this problem because of doorway being lower than where skirt would run.
Mike

OP
OP
Goldilocks40

Goldilocks40

Free Member
Sep 18, 2013
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks so much for all your advice you guys are brilliant :thumb: ordered from Johns Cross too and got discount, roll on Friday and our first trip ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back