LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Ann was reading paper sups and spotted some stuff called Spray and seal -she suggested getting a can to carry in the van for emergency :Smile: Now me being a tight ass yorkshire man decided yep I fancy a new toy type stuff but instead of £9 a can from paper did a ebay search and yep it's there at £10 for 6 yep 6 cans :thumb:
It sprays on any cracks etc and runs into them a bit like pouring cream :thumb:Just worked a treat on my house waste pipe that has leaked all summer after we replaced it about 3 yrs ago and sealed it plastic pipe to plastic pipe with Sikaflex that has given way and left a small crack ---the mastic run into crack and its sealed :thumb:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Duly ordered. Thanks Terry.

Only problem is Graham you will be looking for cracks etc to seal :winky:::bigsmile: Ibought white seeing vans white but the pipes black :Doh:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
Only problem is Graham you will be looking for cracks etc to seal :winky:::bigsmile: Ibought white seeing vans white but the pipes black :Doh:
terry
I've also ordered some - but thanks to you raising this problem, I've gone for a mixed pack of black and white. Thanks Terry

Phil

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Ann was reading paper sups and spotted some stuff called Spray and seal -she suggested getting a can to carry in the van for emergency :Smile: Now me being a tight ass yorkshire man decided yep I fancy a new toy type stuff but instead of £9 a can from paper did a ebay search and yep it's there at £10 for 6 yep 6 cans :thumb:
It sprays on any cracks etc and runs into them a bit like pouring cream :thumb:Just worked a treat on my house waste pipe that has leaked all summer after we replaced it about 3 yrs ago and sealed it plastic pipe to plastic pipe with Sikaflex that has given way and left a small crack ---the mastic run into crack and its sealed :thumb:
terry

I have had a search on EBay and cannot locate, could you let me have a link please. :thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Please note the white is off white. It appears to have a purple tint.

thats gonna stand out then :Doh:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Please note the white is off white. It appears to have a purple tint.

thats gonna stand out then :Doh:
terry

I bought a mixture of black and white. Not too worried about off white as I am likely to use it where colour doesn't matter all that much - and hopefully the van won't need much work ::bigsmile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
and used by respected DIY enthusiasts,

respected by who ?

can he name one or two and verify....

A: they are a respected diy jockey

B: they have documented proof who they are

C: the product works.

I hate unverifiable/unconfirmed statements like that, and if anything, puts me off a product.

Last edited:

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
leak

Whilst draining the fresh water tank today I noticed a slight leak from where the pipe joins the tank. Do you think the Spray and Seal will be ok and will it do as its "Says on the tin" or should I use another product??

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
If its not seen I would say yes:thumb:seen mask up :winky: its stopped my house waste pipe leaking
terry

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

respected by who ?

I hate unverifiable/unconfirmed statements like that, and if anything, puts me off a product.

Good points John - but I am relying on Terry's recommendation after he has used it.

If it's no good I'll tell on him :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004

respected by who ?

I thought it was Terry - he's already bought it and used it :thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
any good for tents Terry? hope to keep my boys campering

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
any good for tents Terry? hope to keep my boys campering

I don't think so Paul it's a spray on mastic with a consitancy of cream :Smile:Must admit if you put it on a tent though it would'nt leak ::bigsmile:Maybe make it into a camoflarge tent ?Black White and clear ::bigsmile:
The stuff sprays on wet/damp surfaces and runs into small cracks/holes etc then dries in about 20 mins--could possinly be used to seal roof joints that are looking past there best :thumb:
I am impressed by the way it's sealed this waste down pipe :thumb: I thought I was going to have to get a chisel , scraper and gloves out (been putting it off all summer) 10 secs of spray then another after an hour or so just to be safe :winky: job done :Smile:
terry

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Terry, I couldn't see the option to choose "clear" on the ebay seller's page, only the black, white, or a mixture of both.

Have I missed the clear option?

Cheers,

Jock.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Terry, I couldn't see the option to choose "clear" on the ebay seller's page, only the black, white, or a mixture of both.

Have I missed the clear option?

Cheers,

Jock.

Hi Jock try a search, sorry I did see clear but it may not have been on that link:Doh:--- I looked for white being as I thought of van and that was the cheapest I found ::bigsmile: I even missed the mixed option :Doh:::bigsmile:
Terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back