Fiat wing mirror indicator lens (1 Viewer)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I have a 2008 Adria on a Fiat base.

On my recent trip to France and idiot bus driver decided he liked my lane more than his and cut across, clipping my wing mirror.:Doh::Doh: The result is a missing lens cap for the near side indicator. All the rest of the indicator is intact including bulb etc. I have ordered one from my local Fiat dealer. Are they easy to fit? I can't see any screws so do they just pop in, and if so which way?

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
If just the lense, it should just pop in. I f replacing the whole mirror, there are three screws on the inside of the door.

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks. It is just the lens cover. The lens itself complete with the bulb is still in there. Do I have to get that out first and if so to make it pop out do you put the screwdriver under the front or the back?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Vaguely remember swiveling the mirror lens to expose the indicator and harness. Also try YouTube. Hope this helps, others will be along shortly. Idiot in a motorhome smashed mine.:thumb:

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Lens

Hi

I did this myself a few years ago. From memory there is a screw "underneath" somewhere - just have a feel about. I just can't recall any more but I remember using a tiny screw driver

Russell

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Funster No
MH
swift escape 640
Exp
since 2009
I have a 2008 Adria on a Fiat base.

On my recent trip to France and idiot bus driver decided he liked my lane more than his and cut across, clipping my wing mirror.:Doh::Doh: The result is a missing lens cap for the near side indicator. All the rest of the indicator is intact including bulb etc. I have ordered one from my local Fiat dealer. Are they easy to fit? I can't see any screws so do they just pop in, and if so which way?

2 flush screws are behind mirror glass at back of lamp.can be done without need to remove glass if carefull removes lamp unit complete, witch I believe is what you will be supplied with.
hope this helps glyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
Had exactly the a problem when an inconsiderate French lorry driver broke my indicator lens.

Angle the mirror glass as far as it will go to expose the inner edge of the casing and you will see the release screws. Once undone, the lens will come out. I had to replace the bulb in mine as well because the new lens was clear. A yellow bulb sorted it. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back