Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
middlesex/ mojacar spain
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
approx 18 months
a visit to hymers direct/ chingford london. being new to motorhoming i felt i needed a few visit's to be sure of what i wanted and get some questons answered. i went along twice, and a fews weeks later my brother joined me. we were gobsmack by the way the owner treated us. he said; you've been here twice now and bought nothing. and now you've brought someone else to dirty my vans. it cost to clean these you know, so stop messing about. my brother told him stuff your vans, we will go elsewhere so if your looking fo a hymer please be warned about hymers direct, and the commandant in charge.:Eeek:
mick

D

Dazkim

Deleted User
Hi
I guess they dont need your money ........lucky dealers if they can refuse customers i think ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Take your cash elsewhere that does want it .

Cheers dazkim

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Strange man, come visit us instead and buy a Swift, (we have got a Hymer in stock)
You can even have a cup of coffee while you ask questions!:thumb: (Excuse pics, they were taken in the storage yard)

Fiat Ducato 2800cc Turbo Diesel Manual Length: 20' 3" (6.17m)
Layout: Fixed End Bedroom Height: 9' 10" (3m)
Specification: Hot water - Gas, Hot water - Electric, Cassette toilet - manual, Shower, On board tank, Oven, Electronic oven ignition, Mains electric, Blinds & flyscreens, Door flyscreen, Panoramic rooflight, Bike rack, External blind, Blown air heating. This is a perfect layout for a family. There are two spacious bunks at the rear that converts to one bunk and a garage.The dinette has four seat belts allowing a total of six passengers to be belted. The dinette converts to a double bed and there is another double bed over the cab. The popular 2.8 turbo deisel engine has done onle 10600 miles.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• hymer.jpg
    hymer.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 248
  • hymer int.jpg
    hymer int.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 252
OP
OP
M

mick

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
middlesex/ mojacar spain
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
approx 18 months
thanks for your reply (john cross) i've have recently bought a motorhome. but will certainly pay you a visit when i exchange this one. (if i enjoy the life)
mick

B

Badshot

Deleted User
I went there about 18 months ago and found the chap there ok, maybe its changed hands, I went along with my parents and he let us have free reign of the place, maybe you caught him on a bad day, but still no excuse for the way you were treated.

tco

Free Member
Mar 12, 2008
Rugby
Funster No
MH
C class LP
Exp
This year (2008) is our first
we were gobsmack by the way the owner treated us. he said; you've been here twice now and bought nothing. and now you've brought someone else to dirty my vans. it cost to clean these you know, so stop messing about.

The dealer I (eventually) bought from, Heart of England Motorhomes of Weedon, tells me that some customers have visited them for two years before buying. We weren't quite that bad, but on every occasion, we were given full access to any van on site, a representative would always acknowledge our presence, but avoid any hard sell. We got to know all the staff and this gave us confidence to buy from them.

Try somewhere else Mick, although if you are set on a Hymer I do realise that your choices are limited.

Tco.

twooks

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
a visit to hymers direct/ chingford london. being new to motorhoming i felt i needed a few visit's to be sure of what i wanted and get some questons answered. i went along twice, and a fews weeks later my brother joined me. we were gobsmack by the way the owner treated us. he said; you've been here twice now and bought nothing. and now you've brought someone else to dirty my vans. it cost to clean these you know, so stop messing about. my brother told him stuff your vans, we will go elsewhere so if your looking fo a hymer please be warned about hymers direct, and the commandant in charge.:Eeek:
mick

sounds very much like the welcome we got at the 'original' Madisons near Preston -

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
ooooh Mick you couldhave popped in and had a coffee or tea with me instead !!!!
am only nearby to hymers direct

Have always found them helpful and friendly in there

Email me privately xxxxx

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
I am sure I have read somewhere that people often spend 2 years before purchasing a M/H. We can only presume that the company in question is in the envyable position to turn away custom.

Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
I reckon you were on candid camera::bigsmile:

Seems bizarre that someone would take that kind of attitude unless they are struggling and the cost of cleaning the vans is becoming too much!

Best everyone avoid them.

Chris

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Hymers Chingford

have been visiting Chingford on several occasions to this venue as with various other dealers, but never experienced rudeness or ignorance from any.
still looking for Hymer B534

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
have been visiting Chingford on several occasions to this venue as with various other dealers, but never experienced rudeness or ignorance from any.
still looking for Hymer B534

You are always welcome to pop in for a cuppa if you are visiting hymers, we are not far away from there xxx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back