LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I have tried to look but not sure how the fun discount works when ordering , have tried to order today but could not work it out, it's not a big order just a couple of sets of Fiamma cycle rack straps, but out of curiousosity wondered how it works.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
"www.johnscross.co.uk and www.fiammacare.com Everything for motorhomes and camping. Get TEN PER CENT Funsters Discount with coupon code [HI]funster2[/HI] at website check out
For free technical advice, just call us on 01-580-881288.
AutoTrail,, AutoCruise, Swift and Pilote Main Dealer. 3 years free habitation services on all vans supplied by us."

From Peter's signature.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2009
anglesey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
since 1999
When you get to the check out just add the funster 2 in the discount code box.
Just bought a bike rack from them, competitive price and then a further 10% funster discount added a few more bits and piecesto get the free delivery over £150

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
When you get to the check out just add the funster 2 in the discount code box.
Just bought a bike rack from them, competitive price and then a further 10% funster discount added a few more bits and piecesto get the free delivery over £150

Looks like you took him to the cleaners:ROFLMAO:

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
added a few more bits and pieces to get the free delivery over £150

I think it's called 'up-selling'.

Probably benefits both parties in about equal measure, but it wouldn't be the first time I've bought something additional to get the free delivery, then never really used it. Would have been more cost effective to have paid the postage in the first place! :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
You only know how good customer service is when something goes wrong.

I bought a Ventura all-singing all-dancing Sat Nav cum TV cum DAB radio cum reversing camera monitor (& that's only the important bits) from JC at the end of November. It all worked beautifully while it was plugged in, but the internal battery wouldn't charge up.

Spoke to Dan at JC, who agreed that it needed to go back to Snooper for diagnosis/repair/replacement. The only problem was, I had a trip planned to Dave Newell to fit the camera (thanks Dave), so needed the unit for that trip. Then it would be approaching Christmas & that didn't bode well for a quick turnaround & we were to be away in the van over Christmas.

So we agreed to leave it as it was until a convenient moment in the new year, at which point Dan organised a pick-up by courier, sent the unit off to Snooper, chased them for a progress report, then couriered the replacement unit back to me on a next day delivery, with instructions as to what was needed to move my registration over to the new unit.

It was reading similar stories on here, rather than the funster discount, that had convinced me to buy it from JC in the first place - although add in the discount & it was a complete no-brainer.

Never mind the ethics of good service - the opportunity to turn a problem into a good advert must surely make good economic sense. Why is it so rare?

Anyway, all credit to the JC team for reducing the problem to a minor irritation.

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
I was about to point out that this thread is in a public forum, so any visiting non-member now knows the discount code...

...and the posts will have been indexed by Google, etc...

...then I realized that Peter's signatures, and all his public posts, also contain the code ::bigsmile:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back