The MOST dangerous sport in the world? (1 Viewer)

ponyboy

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Tasmania
Funster No
MH
Hobbyvan AKA Jinks
Exp
April 2012
They might come on the field in cricket whites but that's where the comparison ends.
Watch what happens at 4:55
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhGcXevISHw&feature=share"]BEST OF COURSE CAMARGUAISE ETE 2012 - YouTube[/ame]
The object is to snatch various ribbons and strings from the bull to earn points!!!
Just been to a "game" today here in Saintes Maries de la mare in the Camargue - all the players got out in one piece. The bull always gets to go home and fight another day.
Still keeping our blog going too - latest link below:
Link Removed
Happy trails
ponyboy

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
So, running in front of a ton of next weeks steaks is a sport??

Gore Blimey!!!:ROFLMAO:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Taunting an animal for sport:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
They might come on the field in cricket whites but that's where the comparison ends.
Watch what happens at 4:55
BEST OF COURSE CAMARGUAISE ETE 2012 - YouTube
The object is to snatch various ribbons and strings from the bull to earn points!!!
Just been to a "game" today here in Saintes Maries de la mare in the Camargue - all the players got out in one piece. The bull always gets to go home and fight another day.
Still keeping our blog going too - latest link below:
Link Removed
Happy trails
ponyboy

Hi
We was in Sommier during the July celebrations for the French revolution about 6 years ago, on the Friday and Saturday they had Bull running in the streets (the local youths got dragged and cut up :thumb::thumb:) on the Sunday we went to the ring and cheered the bulls on has in your post, no Bulls injured only a couple of runners :thumb::thumb: you should see the Bulls jump that barrier. Pete ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Pat and Trish

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
New Forest
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
3 years
Hi
We was in Sommier during the July celebrations for the French revolution about 6 years ago, on the Friday and Saturday they had Bull running in the streets (the local youths got dragged and cut up :thumb::thumb:) on the Sunday we went to the ring and cheered the bulls on has in your post, no Bulls injured only a couple of runners :thumb::thumb: you should see the Bulls jump that barrier. Pete ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Yep I can see them jump the barrier or to be accurate every bull lands on the barriers (which appear to have no give in them) :thumbdown:
The humans have a choice, as usual the animals don't :Sad:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Yep I can see them jump the barrier or to be accurate every bull lands on the barriers (which appear to have no give in them) :thumbdown:

We was cheering the Bulls , none seem to get hurt that I saw but I do take your point.

Ps I would never go to the other type of Bull fight.

OP
OP
ponyboy

ponyboy

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Tasmania
Funster No
MH
Hobbyvan AKA Jinks
Exp
April 2012
Hi

It's a French cultural thing isn't it? - there's no denying the absolute courage of the boys in white, and it's nice to know that the bulls all go home to the best pastureland in the Camargue afterwards. As to their choice in the matter - well - what do we say about battery chickens and god knows what goes on in beef farms....

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

But the good news, we didn't see anyone sticking sharp objects in the bulls.

Just the opposite in fact. And the bulls have twice as many legs.

So all in all, not too bad a deal for the bulls.

The humans on the other hand, "retards" is a word drifting round my heard.

"What shall we do today ?"

"I know we'll go and make a very big animal with big pointy things on it's head very angry with us".

OP
OP
ponyboy

ponyboy

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Tasmania
Funster No
MH
Hobbyvan AKA Jinks
Exp
April 2012
But the good news, we didn't see anyone sticking sharp objects in the bulls.

Just the opposite in fact. And the bulls have twice as many legs.

So all in all, not too bad a deal for the bulls.

The humans on the other hand, "retards" is a word drifting round my heard.

"What shall we do today ?"

"I know we'll go and make a very big animal with big pointy things on it's head very angry with us".

I think what intrigues me about it is that there's no Health and Safety suits around the arena making sure that you've got your helmet on and your shin guards securely fastened and that no-one is smoking. The matador stuff - I hate it but there's something going on here other than a dozen guys looking for some way to put in the afternoon. i better download Hemingway for an intro...

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
It's rite of passage for local youth Brian, no self respecting babe will want em if they haven't proved their utter dafthood by doing it. Or summat like that.

Yep - exactly the same as La Corrida - it's the bull that gets the applause, not the chaps, though having seen a much tamer version whilst in Aigue Morte, we were quite in awe of exactly how far and high those blokes could leap from a standstill LOL

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I think what intrigues me about it is that there's no Health and Safety ..

Can you imagine the scene done with health and safety :roflmto:

Bull would have a muzzle on and huge foam balls on the horns and big soft boots.

The lads, who knows.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back