Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
mobilsat dish finally failed me..it was brilliant all down spain and portugal last year and has worked brilliant all the way down france for the last month but it lost astra two on friday night as we turned the corner towards santander and lynda hates astra one an ex pat with same dish is having a similar problem up at la rochelle have they finally changed the satelitte does anyone know appolgies for punctuation but no wifi either so sent from kindle

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
mobilsat dish finally failed me..it was brilliant all down spain and portugal last year and has worked brilliant all the way down france for the last month but it lost astra two on friday night as we turned the corner towards santander and lynda hates astra one an ex pat with same dish is having a similar problem up at la rochelle have they finally changed the satelitte does anyone know appolgies for punctuation but no wifi either so sent from kindle

Still OK at Parc Verger Alan. :thumb:

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
We had the same problem last weekend with our glomex they said the problem arose fri/sat when the sat moved.Ihad to get a software update,havent tried it yet.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........

Strange as Heyupluv called me at home yesterday as he is having the same problem. I cannot test mine as would have to pulled out of garage. I had mine running 100% 10 days ago whilst in Cartagena.

Strange......

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
I did manage to eventually set it manually last night while she watched the Antiques roadshow but now moved further west and no luck at present, perhaps another vino will help

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Come back this way and see if you pick it up again... :thumb::RollEyes:::bigsmile:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
I did manage to eventually set it manually last night while she watched the Antiques roadshow but now moved further west and no luck at present, perhaps another vino will help

There are a lot of funny things happening in UK Sats right now as many channels are changing transponders ( as I discovered this morning ).

I will be pulling our MH out end of the week and then I will do a sat find see what happens......

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003

I doubt another Vino will help :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: you won't know the difference between 1 & 2 :ROFLMAO:

However on a serious note ... as you move S & West you will need more skew (that's skew not screw).

For comparison, here in Scotland we have to skew the LNB 20 deg. but down on the Algarve it's 30+ deg, and that's assuming your van is level.

But it really is an unknown position until they have stopped messing about with their new satellites.

Keep us informed please.

Last edited:

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Re Satalites

I spoke to a sky engineer about this so called moving channels to a new satellite, in his words he said sky would not do that as every single sat dish in the UK would have to be realigned to the new satellite it would cost them millions and take ages to get every UK customer lined up???
If there just changing the frequency's you can change the frequency's yourself.

Using sky remote select Services 4 then 01, select 2 the freq for UK is 11778
here are a few more, 12207,12129,12051,12200,12480,12402,11973,12422,12050,12240.
Good luck.
Am no expert but have used this system a few times.:thumb:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I spoke to a sky engineer about this so called moving channels to a new satellite, in his words he said sky would not do that as every single sat dish in the UK would have to be realigned to the new satellite it would cost them millions and take ages to get every UK customer lined up???

here are a few more, 12207,12129,12051,12200,12480,12402,11973,12422,12050,12240.
Good luck.

But thing are changing, Sky don't own satellites and if you read here it may shed more light on the subject.

Ladylea

Free Member
Mar 13, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
No astra2

Just looked on a friends web page Satellite for caravans.co.uk and he has a update on the launch of the new astra 2e it maybe of interest for you. Hope you are enjoying yourselves hope to see you both and Lily soon.

Lesley

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Re

But thing are changing, Sky don't own satellites and if you read here it may shed more light on the subject.

Just read that article 3 times still confused, looks like they are moving it back to Astra 2 at 28.2 degrees? so will sky still broadcast via there freq? :Doh:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp

Good luck.

Some bloody engineer he is!!!!!!!!!! - They are moving onto another satellite and by December. What he FAILED to understand is that the new satellite will move into the same orbit as the current ones. There will be NO need to "move every single sat dish" to realign them to the new satellite as it will be in the same place as the others. I do wish people would get the facts right before stating them...... All you have to do is "google" it and the answers are there......... What ever you do please DO NOT USE THAT ENGINEER to look at your equipment as he will cock it up.......................:Eeek:

Last edited:

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
I tried our Camos dome yesterday at the storage area in Derbyshire and it locked on to Astra 2 easily with a decent picture. Will try it again next weekend. :Eeek: I had heard that earlier versions of the Camos Dome are going to be rendered into useless scrap by this satellite move..........tried to get info from Road Pro, who sold these domes for years, but unless I can climb onto my MH roof :Eeek: I cannot get a pic of the sticker which shows what version it is.

Any info on this sat move or realignment etc welcomed here.........
EDIT
Don Quixote, just seen your post. Hope that gives us some hope with our Camos Dome!

Last edited:

crizatuk

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
IOW
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Full timing
Some bloody engineer he is!!!!!!!!!! - They are moving onto another satellite and by December. What he FAILED to understand is that the new satellite will move into the same orbit as the current ones. There will be NO need to "move every single sat dish" to realign them to the new satellite as it will be in the same place as the others. I do wish people would get the facts right before stating them...... All you have to do is "google" it and the answers are there......... What ever you do please DO NOT USE THAT ENGINEER to look at your equipment as he will cock it up.......................:Eeek:

Well that wont help me anyway as I am wintering in Atlantis in the Pegasus Galaxy as long as I get my promised lift off Supreme Commander Thor :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Satellite

Hi

We were in Italy in September and we could not get Channel 5 or certain ITV+1 channels. BBC1/2/ITV and C4 were OK. The reason is C5 has moved to Astra2E and it has a much smaller footprint. We were able to get C5 at Lake Maggiore though

BBC1 etc are moving soon if not already.

I am working on a method to get these channels via "other methods" but I need to be back in Italy to test it etc.

Russell

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Astra 2

We have a Place In Central Portugal, near Ansiao. We have a 1.2 Metre Dish & Sky+ Box (old Type) We lost Channel 5/5USA etc when they started moving stuff.

In June I started using the lastest Sky+ HD Receiver and were then able to receive Channel 5 HD. We are now back in the UK for a time but our friends in Alvorge are going to keep us updated. So when i hear will post.

Ant & Debs

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back