Funster
Jan 3, 2008
Champagnac-La-Riviere
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi trying to install the latest version (8.1) and it reaches 18.4% and just sits there forever more. Running Vista Premium, tried disabling Windows firewall and AVG, made no difference? Help please. :cry:

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Are you logged on as an administrator? Certainly makes life easier if you are. You may also have the access control panel hidden behind the installation info.
Hope that helps!
Regards
Doug

OP
OP
M

Mrs Munchie

Funster
Jan 3, 2008
Champagnac-La-Riviere
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2004
Are you logged on as an administrator? Certainly makes life easier if you are. You may also have the access control panel hidden behind the installation info.
Hope that helps!
Regards
Doug

Thanks for that, yes I am logged on as administrator and there are no more windows hidden. When I open task manager it claims Acrobat installer is running. :Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Well I Know it installs ok on that operating system as we load it on all new installations.:thumb:

Does it download in full if you save it to disk rather than run from download?

Are you upgrading over a previous , earlier, installation of Acrobat?

If you are, try uninstalling the old version first.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mrs Munchie

Funster
Jan 3, 2008
Champagnac-La-Riviere
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2004
Well I Know it installs ok on that operating system as we load it on all new installations.:thumb:

Does it download in full if you save it to disk rather than run from download?

Are you upgrading over a previous , earlier, installation of Acrobat?

If you are, try uninstalling the old version first.

Tried both ways, I now have the download file on my desktop. I had no version in then in desperation I put version 5. something in. Odd, as Windows says there are "known issues" with that version it seems to work ... up to now. :ROFLMAO:

jhbgaiem

Free Member
Jan 28, 2008
Galapagar near Madrid, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Acrobat Installation

I have had the same problem. The solution for me was to remove all previous version of acrobat, close all other programs and then it did install itself.
Good Luck!!!

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Hi, tried that, I even went into msconfig, start up and disabled all. Don't you just love computers? :cry:

euro

Free Member
May 23, 2008
Lincoln, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
We are new to it
Not when they have Vista installed:roflmto::roflmto:

:ROFLMAO: There is a Vista Service Pack out now. Hopefully it will sort out a lot of the issues. I think a very common problem is the amount of RAM Vista needs. People try to run it in 512MB and it performs like treacle, but who can blame them, Laptops are often sold with Vista installed on 512MB ram anyway!

As for Adobe... Might be an idea to see if an 'orphan' copy of Adobe is still running by opening Task manager and looking through the process's for AcroRd32.exe when you think no Adobe's are running. If you see one then there is an instance running.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back