Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Not exactly motorhome related - well it could be

Just nearly been 'had' by a trogen or whatever hiding behind an Amazon email, having ordered via amazon from a third party advertiser on there, thought it was the posted out expect delivery by such and such date email, So glad Avast caught it, before it infected me.
We are on the run now to the most expensive time of year when lots of us will be ordering on-line so remember take care.

maggie

SharonL

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Rossendale
Funster No
MH
Him RV - me Bongo!
Exp
Just starting
Great heads up, thanks Maggie :thumb: did you ever find your errant earring by the way?

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
I had that message yesterday, luckily Kaspersky spotted the trojan and removed it.

Everyone beware.

The message is from Amazon but starts:-

Hi.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We have Macs, so luckily ( so far ) dont have to worry about stuff like that.
I have to keep an eye on my Dad though, at 89, he is starting to drop his guard a bit and orders off Amazon a lot.
Thanks for the tip, I'll make sure my Dad is aware

Allan

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
same one here....luckily i spotted it as a ZIP file.

Amazon dont send ZIP files....and apart from that i havent ordered from amazon for ages until this evening, so unless they can see the future it had to be a scam/infected file.

kindle security leaves a lot to be desired.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Keep a close eye on Amazon....

Couple of weeks ago I was checking my bank statements and found I had purchased some thing in the Uk....

£65 odd taken out plus fee`s and same day £62 odd put back... both transactions had a handling fee...(Hence the less going back into my account) so after checking with Amazon .com and them saying it was an Amazon .co.uk transaction... I`m still fighting with them...

I have never bought anything from Amazon, and I don't have an Amazon account.. with .com or .Co.UK. :Angry::Angry:

Had to cancel my card and I`m still trying to get my money back...

Found out today from Amazon.com..... it is an Anthoney *******insert my surname. Who lives in the States.. :Doh::Angry:

And they are pleased to tell me they have cancelled his account with that card details (My card details)...

Still fighting with them for the handling fee,,, it`s under £10.... but it`s the principal of it all..

Barclays don't want to know cos the transactions were done on my Debit card and not Credit card.. so not guaranteed..

Because of the above (Gurantee) sentence Barclays Fraud don't want to know either.. :cry:

Don't want it guaranteed.... Because I have not done any transactions with BLOODY AMAZON... hope they read this... cos I`m getting well p***** off with them... :censored:2:censored:2:censored:2

I`m at my wits end with both Barclays Bank and also Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk... :cry::cry::Angry::Blush:

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
We have Macs, so luckily ( so far ) dont have to worry about stuff like that.
Don't kid yourself. All the major AV companies have Mac team working to make it safe. I work for one, and good pals with our top Mac lad.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back