Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Tomorrow I have my first Uke lesson-teacher in Cardiff does an introductory package of 5 lessons for £50-the object to get 'you strumming' and then carry on from there.
I've also found Uke nights in a pub on Mon eves,so I'll give that a go ::bigsmile:

Mike.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
That sounds like a good plan! The world would be a better place if everyone played uke ::bigsmile:

Feel free to lift as much music as you want from our website:

Link Removed

I play guitar by ear, uke no different really just different chord shapes. But thanks for the offer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
its really easy to play:ROFLMAO:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB3RbO7updc"]Jake Shimabukuro - "Bohemian Rhapsody" - TED (2010) - ukelele cover - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdqozsGJGdM"]Jake Shimabukuro - "Hallelujah" (Leonard Cohen) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt6KwvZrx9A"]Jake Shimabukuro performs Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" Life is good 2012-04-19, Boston, MA - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
M

Madwife

Deleted User
I got a ukulele today! Got it tuned up and now just need to learn to play:whatthe:

Thanks for all the helpful signposts to tutorials on line.

Kath

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
This is a brilliant to listen to

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gJJ3aDif5A"]Jake Shimabukuro: "Grand Ukulele", Musicians at Google - YouTube[/ame]

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
I got a ukulele today! Got it tuned up and now just need to learn to play:whatthe:

Kath

Got it tuned up! got it tuned up ! It was nearly a divorce in the making. ::bigsmile: They've stopped using the only thing that made them worthwhile and that was cat gut!!! :Blush:
Mind you I can't see Roger as George Formby ::bigsmile:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010

Kath

What's going on here? I was presented with one yesterday for my birthday. No idea how I'll get on trying to play it but I'll have a go.:thumb:

Wyn

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
What's going on here? I was presented with one yesterday for my birthday. No idea how I'll get on trying to play it but I'll have a go.:thumb:

Wyn

Come over to Bridgnorth on a Wednesday night & we'll show you how ::bigsmile:

Playing uke is a very sociable hobby and the best way any of you can learn is to find a local ukulele group - you will be amazed how many there are around the country.

Here's a link to a list of UK clubs:

Link Removed

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Good heavens, I thought Kath had gone native with this Ukelele thing and bought a surfboard :Eeek: Then I realised she'd just gotten the ironing board out :thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Good gracious me its an epidemic where can I get vaccinated quick.
Mind you always liked a tenor banjolele Mmmmm, no no get thee behind me Satan:whatthe::whatthe:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I'm sure I will take you up on the offer at some point. At the moment I'm struggling to get my fingers into position to create the chords as required. I think it's something I have to train myself to do rather than anything that can be taught. However as I make progress I look forward to popping over to see you.
Thank you for the invitation.

Wyn
Come over to Bridgnorth on a Wednesday night & we'll show you how ::bigsmile:

Playing uke is a very sociable hobby and the best way any of you can learn is to find a local ukulele group - you will be amazed how many there are around the country.

Here's a link to a list of UK clubs:

Link Removed

OP
OP
MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I'm sure I will take you up on the offer at some point. At the moment I'm struggling to get my fingers into position to create the chords as required. I think it's something I have to train myself to do rather than anything that can be taught. However as I make progress I look forward to popping over to see you.
Thank you for the invitation.
Wyn

Way to go wyn :thumb: Chrisboyo contacted me other day,and has persuaded me to attend a Uke Night in Cardiff on mon eve.
That'll be me,my 2week old uke and both the chords I've now learnt :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
He pointed out that when 20 or more are playing who's going to notice my mistakes ::bigsmile:

Mike

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
These ladies will be at the Wirral Folk Festival next June as well as Seth Lakemann and the Chester ukulele band.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufJlTfJJb4g"]MERSEY BELLES You Belongs To Me - YouTube[/ame]

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back