Security handle (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2012
Shoreham by sea
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thinking of getting a Flamma Security handle are they any good and worth fitting or not cos it's me birthday next week and family want to know what to buy , you know how it is. Gary

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Thinking of getting a Flamma Security handle are they any good and worth fitting or not cos it's me birthday next week and family want to know what to buy , you know how it is. Gary

It only good for a handle, if the thieving gits want in do you think a handle will stop them. There are loads of posts about what to add to make secure your MH - the basic answer is DON'T LEAVE ANYTHING OUT ON VIEW -

Simples...........

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
we got one as our hab door lock wasn;t locking properly and Dave Newell advised that it would be a b*tch to strip down the door just to get at the lock and only then could we find out what the problem is and if it could be repaired or need new parts.
Being a mechanical numpty I got Dave to fit it for me at Malvern. Having watched him do it in about 15 minutes I think even I could have done it.
Of course it would have taken me all day and involved lots of swearing and cursing and no doubt a blood sacrifice to the gods of DIY.
Works great, easy to use and must be somewhat of a deterrent - but as has already been said, if some scrote really wants to get in your van he will.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
If your unsteady on your feet and need a handle go for it ,if not fit a normal fiamma security lock.
As said if scumbags want to get into your van they will,if you secure your door they'll prob go for a PLASTIC WINDOW wouldn't take much pulling!
That said I've got an additional door lock and am of the opinion that if its a bit harder to get in here they will move on and look elsewhere.Thieves are opportunists and look for easy targets.

Vlad

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back