one for Frankie (1 Viewer)

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
the same guy is selling both Motorhomes. I just spoke to him on the phone and he claims he has sold the both of them and they will be collected this afternoon.:roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Terry , you caring us (I mean Mark and I) like a mother! Thank you so much ! It looks great ... Now who lives in Bristol or next to it to have a look ? ::bigsmile:

Frankie:RollEyes:::bigsmile:

It's no problem Frankie :thumb: I look on newly list almost every day---There are lots of van that sell quite a bit cheaper or at least finish auction cheaper but I only link to the BIN or classifieds simply because you never know what vans are going to finish up at ::bigsmile:

I have been looking for a cheap VW t4/5 (IF THERE IS SUCH A THING) OR A VITO TO convert for my grandson as he is paying nearly 2.5 k a yr insurance for his pick up truck :Eeek::Eeek:Only wants a very basic conversion so it can be registered as a MH for cheap ins hopefully :Smile:
I have decided that I will make a decent job of the conversion just in case he decides he does not want it that way I will make a bob or two if it's not wanted ::bigsmile:
terry

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Frankie,

If it gets relisted give me a shout according to ebay it is less than 5m (8km) from me.

I also spotted this one Link Removed if anyone is in Herefordshire.

John

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Nice one too. It's got the minimum layout I want (over cab bed) plus a dinette. It's compact and a german one. Burstner is supposed to be a good trade.
My favorite layout (sorry if I said it before:RollEyes:) is a drop bed if possible or an overcab one, a little cental dinette with a bench facing it and a rear kitchen.
I like the idea of not having to move the dinette to make a bed when you only have one guest, and this is possible with the bench. Of course the over cab bed is supposed to be for me ::bigsmile:

May be someone living not too far will be able to have a look....;:Smile:

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Yes exactly John!
What do you think about the sort of bubble you can see on the rear part of the van? Could it be due to the damp?

Otherwise even if a bit old , not too many miles on the clock and quite good enough for me especially with this sort of price;

It doesn't say anything about the mechanical state though. Someone very wise told me that Hymer before 1991 had to be on Merc... any other engine is not good...I try to remember all advices but it's not easy. I can't see what engine it is. Can you?

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
not all fiat ducato parts are easily available Yodeli. If the front is like our avatar, you will find it hard to get a new front grille headlights and indicators etc.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
This may be worth a look -pics look tidy
Link Removed
terry

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Eck ... didn't see it yesterday I had too much work!

It looks very nice and I'd be happy with one like this but what am I supposed to do now? Make an offer? I don't have any rate on e-bay so I might not be taken as a serious buyer!

And I still have the same problem : Who can go to Littlehampton and have a look (and may be tell the buyer I'm a serious buyer!)

If you can go and have a look then let me now..... and appenrently ...be quiiiiiiiiick!

Thanks to all

Frankie:Smile:

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
BUMP !

Anyone available to have a look at this one for me please? Ta :Smile:

Littlehampton

Link Removed

Forgot to say ....I pay for the diesel/petrol by all means!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Frankie see one for mark thread -Popeye is in Littlehampton next week
Terry

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
BUMP

Still no one? Popeye has not replied yet, he's probably away having good time on his boat::bigsmile:

I have someone to drive it to my place if seller accepts my offer AND assuming someone has seen it for me.

What I need to know is just : 1)does the engine starts ok and doesn't it make any suspicious noise?
2) any mark of damp?
3) Any rust, and where? (my car has rust in a few places, still would drive me anywhere!)
4) Any bad smell (wet dog or ciggy smoke like). Not the most important though as I can get it cleaned and fresh. But if it's really strong I'm not sure it will go away.

I just need an opinion.

Thanks everyone !

Last edited:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi Frankie, I'm in Littlehampton tomorrow between 12 noon and 6 pm.

I'll take a peek if you set it up with the buyer. I'll be back in LA on Wednesday too if necessary.

I'm out in the garden now for the rest of the day, but I will pick up emails at end of day and possibly log in or you can pm me for my mobile no.

:thumb:Griff

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Thanks very much Griff!

Will phone the seller if he accepts my offer and tell you how things turn up as for an appointement to see the van!!

It's nice to see what funsters can do!

Now where is JJ so I can tell him! I bet he is still sleeping.... or may be working?? :RollEyes: who knows!:RollEyes:

Thanks again Griff, now time for crossing fingers!

Amicalement

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Hope it`s a nice one, Frankie... :thumb:

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Hope it`s a nice one, Frankie... :thumb:

I hope too Mo! Sometimes I feel a tad depressed, not being able to have time enough in my hands to do it all myself!

Having only 25 days off (working days) a year and 4 different employers...if one or 2 or 3 say YES , off you go, but the 4th says NO... I'm stuck. I can always be ...errr...ill :Blush: but how can I know it's going to be the right one and that I've got to be ill right now:RollEyes::Doh::Doh:

Anyway... it's nice to be part of a group and have helping hands when possible!:thumb::thumb:

Hugs to the whole family Mo! I hope you'll visit soon with your new toy!

Frankie::bigsmile:

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
not all fiat ducato parts are easily available Yodeli. If the front is like our avatar, you will find it hard to get a new front grille headlights and indicators etc.

No problem getting parts for the older Fiats/ Peugeot/citreon etc if you know where to look
this guy very helpful and knowlegable :

Link Removed

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Is this another one for you Frankie Link Removed I know its an auction but may be someone can have a look before the auction ends in 6 days.

John

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
One here, Frankie...

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/109168821/hymer-b544-motorhome.html

And here =

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/109058929/hobby-620ak-motorhome.html

And here =

[/COLOR][/SIZEhttp://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/108727494/1990-fiat-ducato-20l-turbo-diesel.html

And here =

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/108905075/motorhome-hymer-b534.html

And here =

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/108324637/fiat-ducato-camper-diesel-knaus-conversion.html

And here =

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/106878578/ford-transit-campervanmotorhome.html

And here =

www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/108703584/1994-rimor-5-berthmotorbike.
...................................................................................

Not sure if those are the sort of M/Homes you are looking for... :RollEyes:::bigsmile:

"Bugger"...:Doh: can some one put them up so when you click on them they are there... :RollEyes:

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Waoooo .... have you been on internet all afternoon Mo?!:Eeek:

Did you finish the garden? and cut the trees? and mow the lawn? and .. and ... and ... Judy knows it all!!!
You know you're going to be told off ::bigsmile:::bigsmile: ...it's a very bad habit in your house ( well it probably happens much less since I left:ROFLMAO:)

Thanks for your help Mo:winky:, to you and to all the other funsters!

Let's see what happens tomorrow.

You just need to click on the link Terry gave me on the thread and if the 5th offer is declined , you'll know it'll be again ..... NEXT ONE Please!!:RollEyes::cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back