Free Member
Aug 5, 2013
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"I`m a newbie"
Now I know m/h`s are prone to annoying rattles and squeaks and the older they get probably even more so! :Angry: But has anyone ever emptied their van completely of "all " loose accessories and eqiupment and then took their van out onto the road to listen for the squeaks and rattles, sorted them where possible :thumb: and then loaded each piece of eqiupment individually back into the m/h and back on the the road to test so as to see what`s causing all the annoyance!
Well it`s getting to that stage with me now, as every time I think i`ve found a rattle then fixed it there seems to be another one :censored:2. I would turn the radio "up" if I thought this would cover the sound but the radio ain`t worth a piece of shit, when it does pick up a signal you can`t here it very well :shout:
OK rant over for now, just needed to get this off me chest :cry:

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Sounds like a good idea, although I know exactly which rattle gets up my nose the most. My large hab window is on self supporting struts ( whose stupid design idea was that?) They rattle constantly, I need to do something with them when driving. Drives me insane :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Sounds like a good idea, although I know exactly which rattle gets up my nose the most. My large hab window is on self supporting struts ( whose stupid design idea was that?) They rattle constantly, I need to do something with them when driving. Drives me insane :Eeek:

Pauline sorted that on our van, if you can lock the strut to hold the window open a few inches and then close the window and lock it. The second stage is to put buddies or blutack on the strut ends.:Smile:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Get an old Dethleffs - no rattles... :RollEyes:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Get a stack of china mugs, loads of rattles, "but they are much nicer to drink out of than those plastic ones Allan....."
:Doh:
Allan

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
But has anyone ever emptied their van completely of "all " loose accessories and eqiupment and then took their van out onto the road to listen for the squeaks and rattles, sorted them where possible :thumb: and then loaded each piece of eqiupment individually back into the m/h and back on the the road to test so as to see what`s causing all the annoyance!

No - life is too short and I'm not that easily annoyed! ::bigsmile:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Ours rattles quite a lot. All our crockery is china and our glasses (wine,champagne,port and brandy) are glass. I'd rather put up with a few rattles than have to drink out of a plastic cup.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
you lot dont know what rattles are......

try driving my company 'car'....a berlingo van full of tools, stepladders and assorted electrical junk. :roflmto:

Oct 3, 2012
Hastings
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since Oct 2012
I often think a nice thick set of curtains between cab and hab would stifle the noise, unfortunately I would still hear my kids whinging in the back:roflmto:

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Has anyone tried earplugs. Just need to jam them between rattling things and hey presto. Silence.......... Or put them in your ears and it will solve the rattles and the whiny noise...........:ROFLMAO:

happypre65

Free Member
Nov 12, 2010
Funster No
Rattle squeak rattle

Hi,We looked for ages for a rattle near the window turned out to be the awning,the bolts inside the van,so bigger washer and lock nuts,and job done,keep us informed as to what it was and how you cured it,helpfull info to others,regards H.::bigsmile:

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Now I know m/h`s are prone to annoying rattles and squeaks and the older they get probably even more so! :Angry: But has anyone ever emptied their van completely of "all " loose accessories and eqiupment and then took their van out onto the road to listen for the squeaks and rattles, sorted them where possible :thumb: and then loaded each piece of eqiupment individually back into the m/h and back on the the road to test so as to see what`s causing all the annoyance!
Well it`s getting to that stage with me now, as every time I think i`ve found a rattle then fixed it there seems to be another one :censored:2. I would turn the radio "up" if I thought this would cover the sound but the radio ain`t worth a piece of shit, when it does pick up a signal you can`t here it very well :shout:
OK rant over for now, just needed to get this off me chest :cry:

Fix the radio

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back